Baiscs about assets and their dependencies .

jjanmarine3

Hi everybody.
I can fix real trains but I battle with digital trains.
Please help here with some basic answers. :confused:

1) How does a dependency get missing.I understand that it can happen during downloading, are there more instances ?
2) How does a dependency get broken, (digital wear and tear ? ) who is responsible for fixing it , can users fix it, and if so how does one fix it. How come you buy a loco and it works on your system, I buy the same one and there are errors, broken stuff and missing things.
3) What is the difference between faulty and broken assets or dependencies.
Thanks for your time guys.

Jan

Missing dependencies are assets that are listed in the config file of the main asset, but are not on your system. Usually, this happens due to either Content Manager not downloading the required assets, or they are on a site other than the Download Station.
Broken dependencies (faulty) are best dealt with by the original author if they are not on the Download Station, and especially if they are payware.
Faulty and broken AFAIK are the same.

Shane

Thanks Shane, one more point for clarity please - what are the common causes of the same asset working on one guys system but fails on another.

Quite often, it's a build number difference, or even a faulty dependency (sometimes a built-in dependency).

Sometimes, it's due to a missing dependency.

Shane

Back