Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Multiplayer Tips, Tricks, Fixes and Other Things

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post
    I'm afraid that would not work. As has been stated quite a few times:

All assets for Multiplayer must be either built-in or on the Download Station.

In addition to that, all assets must be unmodified. Installing them using a CDP file would cause the asset to be modified.

Anyway, if you want to use an asset for Multiplayer, you have to abide by the rules.

Shane

There is a work around to installing and modifying assets. We used it when testing out the Car Tagger rule. But that was because we where changing the .GS file and nothing else. So what he's implying could at least be tried.

I am on the side though that thinks this wont work. Replacing mesh files might cause the asset to show as modified.

hi
    I would like to ask how to do multiplayer and Routes Session
    and that it should be up to the Content Maneger that others can get it what did I do?

I've never done it , I would like to learn the man at my brother want to play multiplayer on what you make

Can you help me I'm begging you
    thank you very much

here's a picture that we can help

here's what you need to do to others will be able to use
    please me a nice little writing down what to do

Please help

Blog Entries

The error is pretty specific. The route and session must be uploaded to the Download Station then re-downloaded (after deleting the original copy). In addition to this, the assets used in the route must be either built-in or available on the Download Station, which means that anything you've downloaded from third-party sites cannot be used.

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

and how?
    Can not you just a little writing down what to do I've never done anything like

image can come
    please
    picture this easier

Blog Entries

Before uploading, check that nothing in the route and session is from a third-party site. Select both assets, then click View Dependencies followed by View in Main List. On the Search pane on the left, use the + icon twice to add three search terms. Change the first Name reference to Builtin (set the dropdown next to this to False), and change the second Name reference to On Download Station (also set the box next to this to False), then set the third Name reference to Installed (leave the box next to this at True). Anything that appears in the search results pane must be removed from your route and session before it can be uploaded.

Once done, click My Content again to get back to viewing your two assets.

Uploading the route and session can be done by right-clicking the assets, then clicking Upload. Your assets will then appear in the Upload panel on the left - click the Upload button in that panel to start the process, and follow the instructions. Be patient, as you will not be able to do anything else with Content Manager whilst the upload takes place.

Once this is done, you will need to wait a day or two for it to be available on the Download Station before you can re-download it (after deleting the original - make sure it has uploaded though (you should get an email stating whether it was successful or not).

Once the route and session are re-downloaded, you should then be able to find it under the Multiplayer button in-game.

Shane
    Shane Turner

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

United States of America, North Carolina, Smithfield

So, from what Im seeing, you can only run multyplayer in Trainz12 and the route HAS to be on the DLS, no "Just me and say my boyfried/girlfried privetly running?
    Am I correct?
    See Oahu By Rail.........Ride The OR&L

Blog Entries

It may be possible to run it in TS2010 if you have build 49938, and possibly Trainz Mac as well. In terms of the route, it must be either built-in or on the Download Station, but you can password-protect the session.

Shane
    Shane Turner

Blog Entries

I've made some slight changes to the OP to reflect T:ANE and some other changes. I'll probably rewrite the OP in a few days when I have more time and motivation to better reflect the changes, though minimal, brought on by T:ANE.

Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe

I'm still trying to get MP to work. all the sessions worked once, then got the "locally modified" error. I tried fix 1, didn't work. I tried hunting for locally modified assets, none come up. I searched for kuids open for edit, fixed 2, still nothing. checked that I had all the dependency's in the first place, still nothing. I tried reinstalling the entire game deleting all kuids I had ever installed into the game, STILL I have the same error. I'm at my (admittedly limited) wits end.

Blog Entries

Databases repairs haven't work in TANE ether?

nope, tried it half a dozen times. I seem to have tried every trick (short of rebuying the game)

Blog Entries

If you do a reinstall, make sure to delete everything. But also note, that TANE is supper finicky with MP. It's something I have had happen before with other routes and i dont recall how I fixed it, if I did.

Your best bet at "MP" in TANE, is just building a simple iPortal route and doing that with a few friends. Or looking into other sims with MP.

Quote Originally Posted by JIb228 View Post
    If you do a reinstall, make sure to delete everything. But also note, that TANE is supper finicky with MP. It's something I have had happen before with other routes and i dont recall how I fixed it, if I did.

Your best bet at "MP" in TANE, is just building a simple iPortal route and doing that with a few friends. Or looking into other sims with MP.
    And THIS is the problem I have with this game. I bought this game after a very long hiatus from trainz because I like the community, love that a lot of stuff is freeware (even if it isn't the best) and it was hyped with the fact that it had MP. now I can understand if MP has a few problems, but when every single MP route breaks after 1 run and there is no way to fix it? it really "grinds my gears" to say the least. -_-

Blog Entries

Yea, TANE is nice, TRS12's MP works for the most part. But as assets get updated for TANE they wont work in 12 anymore. I'll look into what I did to fix things and get back to you.

---removed---
    Last edited by Bob_Ross; November 20th, 2018 at 08:00 PM.