Multiplayer Tips, Tricks, Fixes and Other Things

Hi,

Can I just add please that UMR runs on the route UMR-2013-SUMMER-MULTIPLAYER. That is exactly how it is written, hence the capitals.

Also, Auran DLC can be used for Multiplayer. There is a session with the Blue Comet add-on that will work if you have the Blue Comet from Auran. I have one session as a test that uses Settle and Carlisle from Auran as well, and a session using the entire SnC line, with just about every piece of rolling stock, is awaiting approval.

Some sessions have a dedicated Team Speak 3 chat room, and there's also a Trainz Lobby that can be used for other things. The TS3 server is: 66.45.231.18

EDIT: Forementioned SnC session is available.

Last edited:
Just another tip for those creating a MP session.

I have been doing some checking and if you have only TS12 installed a few MP sessions and maps will show faulty content.

This seems to happen if the map or session creator has TS12 with TS10 added to TS12.
So if you are running the combined assets, MP thinks they are built in and ignores the faults.
But if you only have TS12 and it is content that has been downloaded from the DLS and it is not acceptable in TS12s eyes it will show faulty.

It might be a good idea when uploading to the DLS to put a notice that TS10 is required for that MP session to work.

The reason is alot of new people are joining for the main purpose of MP then finding out that they cannot join because of one faulty asset that only needs TS10 to fix.

I sometimes join the Hungarian map to help new starters as alot have no idea there are other maps.

Hope this helps

Just a bump and to let you know I did a quick update to the OP. I added the instructions that Scotte8 posted to it. I do think that this should be stickied....

Hello to everyone.
I have played on multiplayer session with one person (he was as admin) for about 3 hours.
Then I tried to reconnect to him - but without any result. There are only '0' multiplayer sessions running on routes section of main menu.
When I tried to create my own session, there are only "Connecting to AuranPlanet..." and "Connecting..." below this in "Multiplayer" window after loading driver.
All other resources are working correctly. I can download content from manager and update it after trainz loaded.
Password is correct and I can do anything except playing in multiplayer.
What is this? Probably, the multiplayer servers are not accessable? Or it is only my local problem.

Last edited:
Hello to everyone.
I have played on multiplayer session with one person (he was as admin) for about 3 hours.
Then I tried to reconnect to him - but without any result. There are only '0' multiplayer sessions running on routes section of main menu.
When I tried to create my own session, there are only "Connecting to AuranPlanet..." and "Connecting..." below this in "Multiplayer" window after loading driver.
All other resources are working correctly. I can download content from manager and update it after trainz loaded.
Password is correct and I can do anything except playing in multiplayer.
What is this? Probably, the multiplayer servers are not accessable? Or it is only my local problem.

I'm having the same problem, I've just installed and updated my game to the latest build. I'm guessing the mp servers are down.

I'm having the same problem, I've just installed and updated my game to the latest build. I'm guessing the mp servers are down.
It seems, that it not only mine local problem,
I have posted a ticket with this problem to the Aurans support, but they are saying that the answer will be ready through 5 days (if 5 working days - then after a week).
Probably, Auran updates theirs web services with bug fixed new versions, because sometimes there were strange visual situations happened during multiplayer play process.
If all their multiplayer servers are placed in Australia, and the global internet connection was lost there - it can be a reason. If I am not mistaken, about 6 month ago Australia was without global internet connection with other continents.
P.S.:
If other (or all) players were confront with this situation, we only need to wait. Nothing more...

Last edited:
The servers are down, and that's where there are no MP sessions running. An easy way to tell is if iChat is still working. That little icon of a face near the top right corner of your screen, seen here:
tut1.png

If its grayed out like that, that means your not connected to iChat. Clicking on it will bring up your buddy list:

tut2.jpg

Clicking connect will attempt to connect to iChat. If it dose, then the icon in the first screen shot will become green. If not, then ether iCaht is down and so are MP sessions, or you are having internet issues on your end.

This is a common thing to have happen as N3V is new to the multiplayer world and their servers are still a bit finicky, they all ways have been. So no need to flood them with support tickets every time the servers go down.

does the support tickets not help them to realise their is a problem? I'm guessing if support tickets start coming in more than usual it would help them to identify such a problem from their servers. I'm not out to hassle them and I do understand the problems that occur, I just believe in giving info to help :)

Jib,

Thank you for clear answer for how to detect if multiplayer is alive.
But I am not a magician, and did not know about this before. I was playing and was really upset ...

If I payed money for a program product, I can ask support for help - it is theirs work. And it is NOT a flood.
I am a programmmer, and have written a lot of client\server applications. Tht's why I exact know what I am saying.
Ask for support - it is not a flood.

Now they have got thousands of such tickets. And it is a real problem for them.

I think, the multiplayer - is the future of this game, and Trainz developers have to pay attention to multiplayers problems.
First, if multiplayer is not available, user has to be informed with TEXT message about this in the game. If some global is happened - on the main page of the site. And there will be no flood, tickets, etc.

I was finding even if a word about this problem - but nothing.
There are no any information in WWW about multiplayer servers are down.

I agree with you, Jib, that is it no need to post there any questions about multiplayer connection problems,
Because your previous post is helpful.

Best regards,
Alexander

See you next time in the Trainz multiplayer world. Will enjoy!

Last edited:
I agree with Alexslomin,s comments in general and would just like to add why can,t they keep us up to date about server downtime in the Forums or is that beyond their level of customer service?

I agree with Alexslomin,s comments in general and would just like to add why can,t they keep us up to date about server downtime in the Forums or is that beyond their level of customer service?

some times they just go down,,, and nobday knows about it,, the severs i think are in the usa

This may be a little off
I'v had so maney prolbems with multiplayer that makes my head spin i lost count of all the fixs iv tryed and stuff, Routes, bugs ,Errors, the list gos on. I think it hates me or something I have no luck with the dam thing.

Well dragon, lets try to figure them out. Ill see about messaging you on MSN as I see you use that service.

i have skype i don't use msn anymore too much of a pane trying to tipe and play. My DP MP map is the worst for all the errors i tryed every thing to make it work i went as far as deleteing all but the built in assts and reinstalled both route and session with no luck. the dam thing just refuses to work. i'm out of ideas on this one. i did every thing right.

Did you upload the route to the DLS? How about the Session? I know we played once on your route. You have to keep your route and session up to date on the DLS, and with each other.

If I so much as move a tree on MRL, I have to upload a new version of the route AND session. And just because you uploaded it some place else, dose not mean its uploaded for all to use. It MUST be on the DLS and ALL the content MUST be there too. Its also a good idea to have a clean install of TRS for building MP routes, or, in my case, playing them. I have a "clean" install of TRS on my computer that I use to pull down MP routes. That way any route that I might be working, such as MRL, wont show up as modified or faulty. If you make a change to a route, install it from a CDP, or built it your self, they tend to show up as "Locally Modified" in CMP. So I find its best to have an install that is just clean, not doing any thing other then running trains install.

But it might help if you divulged just what errors you are having.

I always chack it over a few times and make shore the fixs work then upload them only to DLS but ones there on dls I test the session olny to get that bloody error and there no dam reason for it. I know the route and session work that work befor the upload. too maney bugs. thay need to update MP and fix the dam server or debug it mouthly. I'm trying to duel TRS mod as you sgusted and see if that works I was nere shore about 2 installmets of TRS on the same PC would screw up it even more but at that this point I see no orther chose.

Last edited:
Just make sure to keep them in different locations, and not to get them mixed up as I have in the past. But still, with out know WHAT error your getting, there's no way of helping. There are a few errors you could be getting, and each one has their own fix. I may be at work right now, but you could hit me up on Skype, just dont get mad if I stop responding or flat out vanish.

Just make sure to keep them in different locations, and not to get them mixed up as I have in the past. But still, with out know WHAT error your getting, there's no way of helping. There are a few errors you could be getting, and each one has their own fix. I may be at work right now, but you could hit me up on Skype, just dont get mad if I stop responding or flat out vanish.

Ture ones i install the DP MP onto the 2nd TRS its downloading all the assts now. Don't worry about drissapareing i'm use to it. you arn't the frist to do that on me its happened maney times.

Back