Multiplayer Tips, Tricks, Fixes and Other Things

What session? What build of Trainz? Do they all have the same build? Can you see any of the other MP sessions that are up?

Last edited:
Does anyone else have their game crash everytime they decouple cars? How do you fix this issue?

So while in a MP session. Who does have the control of all the turnouts?? Can be for example, the host? So if he wants, he/she can lock and unlock any turnout up in the route??
Also, asking, after seeing that if we make a pledge to make a new trainz sim, how much should we pay to get free Non-DLS content to be avaliable and used on our MP routes?? Just asking, for those ones that still want to play with TS12 or even Trainz10, because if not, if my idea works, I doubtly would want to buy any N3V game, seeing the potential that MP sessions actually have

Okay, there goes my idea. For example, if I make a simple locomotive, with his own enginespec, enginesound, pantograph, script, etc, all of them done by me, but I dont want to upload it to the DLS, but I still want to use it in any MP session to use along with others. Then if I decide to upload it to the DLS, but before doing it, I dont want to bring the asset entirely, so then I make and invisible mesh or a cube for example, then add the same att points that the original locomotive mesh, I do the same to the bogey's and pantographs, then I do the same with the textures, I upload a 2x2 texture with the same name and properties, just to use a dummy locomotive with the same properties than the original, but with changed meshes textures and others, with the same names and configm just like a testing or very low quality asset to upload in the DLS but that doesn't have the things that I made (Then here goes my idea) but leaving the script being the original, as this can't be changed easily, to make a dummy asset. So then I decide to download it, or others can do, then I that have the original textures, meshes, config, sounds and others, decide to put them back on his folder, overwriting them, but doing this on the "Local" folder of the trainz root, without using CMP. do Trainz recognise that it has been modified??, because I know that if you clone, modify or even open in explorer any asset in CMP, it dates it as "Edited" so you need to upload it again to the DLS to work in a MP session, and I dont want to upload the original high detailed meshes, sounds, textures etc. Would it work this in trainz, please answer. It's not that I dont want to share my content with others, just is that I dont want it to be used in any Payware, or any new version of trainz by N3V
If not I would only upload content with the folder locked by script and with not all the features, this could be a good idea, or for better experience, N3V actually could made an update for TS12 or Trainz2010 to change their code to just, only make Non-DLS content avaliable to MP sessions, if we should pay for it, im ready, and many others would be too. Does not T:ANE get a new feature for every 5000$ raised?? Why not do that with older versions, RW has updated and changed the code of his engine without selling a new version of the game, just as an update to the ones that bought it in the past, or with the new features and new content for the new users or the old ones if they want. Sincerely, Trainz kicks any sim (It's my opinion) and has many many users, being each new version of the game bought by lot of people, but being along with OpenRails and Run8, the only games with MP option, it'll be boring in the future, and RW has a lot of things to offer in the future, like OpenRails, Run8 or OpenBVE, and if we must pay and buy a new version of Trainz, to get two eye-candy features, I dont want to keep with Trainz, being that for me, the Trainz 2009 WBE is the best version so far, the one that I like the most, and the one that I will use for many years

Thanks for reading

Greetings

From what I gather form this. It seams liek you want to make two versions of the same asset. A high quality one that you have andgive out to your friends, and allow quality one that you put on the DLS. This has been talked about before in other topics, and I dont think it would work. You could all ways test it though.

As for your remarks aobut the other sims. Run8 is the only one that I think beats Trianz in MP. But each sim has its advantages.

This only occurs in a multiplayer session.

Is your computer up to specs to run Trainz? What is your ping in MP sessions? Did you let Trainz through your firewall? Do you run Trainz as Admin?

These are all things that might be causing your problem, but really, this is the first that I have heard of it.

Is your computer up to specs to run Trainz? What is your ping in MP sessions? Did you let Trainz through your firewall? Do you run Trainz as Admin?

These are all things that might be causing your problem, but really, this is the first that I have heard of it.

Hardware is good, i7-4770k for the processor, gtx 760 for video card, and 8 gb ram, trainz is allowed through firewall, I have NOT been running trainz as an admin so i will try this and see if i have any luck. Thanks!

From what I gather form this. It seams liek you want to make two versions of the same asset. A high quality one that you have andgive out to your friends, and allow quality one that you put on the DLS. This has been talked about before in other topics, and I dont think it would work. You could all ways test it though.

As for your remarks aobut the other sims. Run8 is the only one that I think beats Trianz in MP. But each sim has its advantages.

No, no, It's not that I want to share it with my friends, I used that as example. What I'm trying to say, it's that they'd be a version in the DLS but that it would be only like a dummy, cause MP needs it to be hosted in the DLS, so I download it and change the textures, the mesh, and others so I have it in full detail, for N3V and others it would be only one asset more, like an invisible track, you only use it to determinated actions. So this asset would be need to be uploaded to DLS to just be functionally in a MP session. If I want to share the high quality, I'll do it but in any Non-DLS webpage. It's just not that I hate N3V or DLS, it's just that if I upload content that could be used in a future in any new version of Trainz, or in payware content, I would not be happy with that, altough that there'd be other's people content that wouldnt want to put up their content on DLS, for example any Scripts (That is what I would want the most to be avaliable through MP sessions). That's all

Thanks for your response

Greetings

No, no, It's not that I want to share it with my friends, I used that as example. What I'm trying to say, it's that they'd be a version in the DLS but that it would be only like a dummy, cause MP needs it to be hosted in the DLS, so I download it and change the textures, the mesh, and others so I have it in full detail, for N3V and others it would be only one asset more, like an invisible track, you only use it to determinated actions. So this asset would be need to be uploaded to DLS to just be functionally in a MP session. If I want to share the high quality, I'll do it but in any Non-DLS webpage. It's just not that I hate N3V or DLS, it's just that if I upload content that could be used in a future in any new version of Trainz, or in payware content, I would not be happy with that, altough that there'd be other's people content that wouldnt want to put up their content on DLS, for example any Scripts (That is what I would want the most to be avaliable through MP sessions). That's all

Thanks for your response

Greetings

And this sounds just like what I said. You want to make a low quality asset, put it on the DLS for every one. Then make a high quality version of it and give that out to people another way. Then you a backdoor method of installing the asset to make it work in MP. This way people with the high qulaity version can see that one, and people whit out it still see the low quality asset.

Much like what Run8 dose with all of its payware. If you dont have the payware pack, you still see the default pack. Or what other online games do with using place holder assets.

This is a good idea, but I dont know if it would work. The best way to find out is to test it.

I'm afraid that would not work. As has been stated quite a few times:

All assets for Multiplayer must be either built-in or on the Download Station.

In addition to that, all assets must be unmodified. Installing them using a CDP file would cause the asset to be modified.

Anyway, if you want to use an asset for Multiplayer, you have to abide by the rules.

Shane

I'm afraid that would not work. As has been stated quite a few times:

All assets for Multiplayer must be either built-in or on the Download Station.

In addition to that, all assets must be unmodified. Installing them using a CDP file would cause the asset to be modified.

Anyway, if you want to use an asset for Multiplayer, you have to abide by the rules.

Shane

There is a work around to installing and modifying assets. We used it when testing out the Car Tagger rule. But that was because we where changing the .GS file and nothing else. So what he's implying could at least be tried.

I am on the side though that thinks this wont work. Replacing mesh files might cause the asset to show as modified.

hi
I would like to ask how to do multiplayer and Routes Session
and that it should be up to the Content Maneger that others can get it what did I do?

I've never done it , I would like to learn the man at my brother want to play multiplayer on what you make

Can you help me I'm begging you
thank you very much

here's a picture that we can help

ts12_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

here's what you need to do to others will be able to use
please me a nice little writing down what to do

Please help
wtf_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

The error is pretty specific. The route and session must be uploaded to the Download Station then re-downloaded (after deleting the original copy). In addition to this, the assets used in the route must be either built-in or available on the Download Station, which means that anything you've downloaded from third-party sites cannot be used.

Shane

and how?
Can not you just a little writing down what to do I've never done anything like

image can come :)
please
picture this easier

Before uploading, check that nothing in the route and session is from a third-party site. Select both assets, then click View Dependencies followed by View in Main List. On the Search pane on the left, use the + icon twice to add three search terms. Change the first Name reference to Builtin (set the dropdown next to this to False), and change the second Name reference to On Download Station (also set the box next to this to False), then set the third Name reference to Installed (leave the box next to this at True). Anything that appears in the search results pane must be removed from your route and session before it can be uploaded.

Once done, click My Content again to get back to viewing your two assets.

Uploading the route and session can be done by right-clicking the assets, then clicking Upload. Your assets will then appear in the Upload panel on the left - click the Upload button in that panel to start the process, and follow the instructions. Be patient, as you will not be able to do anything else with Content Manager whilst the upload takes place.

Once this is done, you will need to wait a day or two for it to be available on the Download Station before you can re-download it (after deleting the original - make sure it has uploaded though (you should get an email stating whether it was successful or not).

Once the route and session are re-downloaded, you should then be able to find it under the Multiplayer button in-game.

Shane

So, from what Im seeing, you can only run multyplayer in Trainz12 and the route HAS to be on the DLS, no "Just me and say my boyfried/girlfried privetly running?
Am I correct?

It may be possible to run it in TS2010 if you have build 49938, and possibly Trainz Mac as well. In terms of the route, it must be either built-in or on the Download Station, but you can password-protect the session.

Shane

I've made some slight changes to the OP to reflect T:ANE and some other changes. I'll probably rewrite the OP in a few days when I have more time and motivation to better reflect the changes, though minimal, brought on by T:ANE.

I'm still trying to get MP to work. all the sessions worked once, then got the "locally modified" error. I tried fix 1, didn't work. I tried hunting for locally modified assets, none come up. I searched for kuids open for edit, fixed 2, still nothing. checked that I had all the dependency's in the first place, still nothing. I tried reinstalling the entire game deleting all kuids I had ever installed into the game, STILL I have the same error. I'm at my (admittedly limited) wits end. :(

Back