TRS2010 sessions & assets to T12 enquiry

cam_jp

Hello,

TRS2010 has arrived in the mail.

May I have some references on how to place the sessions, assets etc into T12 please.

I have discs, not download.

Do I take files directly from the discs or load them into the computer first? Then what to do next.

Thanks,

- Cam

P.S. This is a continuation of the thread: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?89469-Train-2012-info&p=992631#post992631

Thread transferred to more appropriate forum from:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?89672-TRS2010-assets-sessions-to-T12-enquiry

option given

Shane,

Thanks for your effort. I went to your site and read it all and ready to go.

Then when I went to install it it automatically gave the choice to either install as stand-alone or as an add-on.

So clicked add-on and went fine.

Thanks again for your time again.

- Cam

patches as add-ons

You need to install the game in order to access the .ja files.

See http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/importing-content---the-different-methods for my guide on how to transfer built-in assets to TS12.

Shane

Shane, (or other)

I have loaded TRS2010 as an add-on. Do I need to patch it at all?

I looked in your website but could not find this build number or info on patching this as an add-on. (saw the other add-on patches)

My build numbers are:
buildsts12.jpg

any clue?

- Cam

Last edited:
Hi Cam,

Installing TS2010 as an addon may make it harder to patch it, as you will not be able to get the correct build version from the Trainz Options box.

At this point in time, I'm not aware of any patches for the Blue Comet, but I will add it to the list if one becomes available.

Shane

Thanks for reply.

If I downloaded a TS2010 patch and ran it would that work, or are you not sure..?

Maybe if it is just as an add-on it would only need to be updated (from inside TS12), which I have done. Sound plausible?

- Cam

It's unlikely to work, as the patcher software is likely to find TS12 files first, and refuse to patch. I always make sure I install Trainz standalone and not as an addon.

The Blue Comet meanwhile, is an addon (as you probably know).

Shane

Since installing TS2010 as an add-on, the CM refuses to open newly downloaded CDP files
(Error message: unable to open CDP file x/y/z for reading)

As the add-on is the only thing changed, and old CDP files still work, the build number of 42195 might be an issue. (see above)

Is is possible to delete the add-on and try again? I've already downloaded all the updates so wanted to avoid it but...

Any other reason? I'm sure the files aren't corrupted or anything...

- Cam

EDIT: I have decided to delete the TRS2010 key and see what happens and try the CDPs... will be a learning experience at least.

Last edited:
AAAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

EDIT: I have decided to delete the TRS2010 key and see what happens and try the CDPs... will be a learning experience at least.

AAAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! :'(

Deleted the key.

CM deleted all the assets and sessions etc automatically.

Then, when I tried to add the CDP files they still didn't work!!!!!!!!!!!

what to do..? why wouldn't the CDP files work?

- Cam

Perhaps the .cdp files are corrupt.

Your best bet is to reinstall all 3 components (and this time, keep TS2010 seperate from TS12).

Shane

fresh start,

Perhaps the .cdp files are corrupt.

Your best bet is to reinstall all 3 components (and this time, keep TS2010 seperate from TS12).

Shane

I think you are right on both counts. after all that fiddling around...

The cdp files are from jointed rail, (tanker ones), I've not had trouble before.

Anyway, think I will make a fresh start.

- cam

P.S thanks for link to patch. have downloaded it ready.

YEP from what I understand the add on for some reason will keep the CMP from a earlier version hung up causing conflicts
and stand alone allows you to operate both versions seperately....

... stand alone allows you to operate both versions seperately....

Yes, I've learnt my lesson.

I have deleted 2006, 2010 and TS12. will just reload TS2010 for a while and complete the scenarios.

At the moment I am patching it. sure is taking a very long time though.

- Cam

TRS2010 takes ages to load, both start and session. Is this normal?

TS12 was faster..?

I have build 49933 for TS2010.

- Cam

all works

Uninstalled everything except TS2004 - (still the best!)

Loaded on TS2010 separately, then patched etc. Later added TS12. Then added the TS10 assets to TS12.

Re-downloaded the cdp files from http://www.jointedrail.com and................... all works now.

I did put TS2006 back on, but uninstalled it as TS10 generally replaces it.

Unfortunately holidays over, back to routine.

- Cam

Back