CMP download helper question

jjanmarine3

Can you pse explain to me : When one dl an asset in CM+ and the window opens up it shows a DS , a tick, the name of the asset and the size.
What does it mean when one wants it to dl but a dash (-) appears in the last square and CM is idle.

Usually, a - or a N/A in the size column can mean one of three things:

1.The asset is already installed.
2.The asset is built-in.
3.The asset is not on the Download Station, or Content Manager cannot get the information required about the asset.

For earlier versions of Trainz, this can also mean that the trainz-build for that asset is higher than the version you are running.

Shane

Thanks Shane .

May I ask another question relating to 'For earlier versions of Trainz, this can also mean that the trainz-build for that asset is higher than the version you are running.'

When I look in the config of assets, I see the build number ( I don't know of any other way to check yet ) Can we manipulate this build number to make things work and if so, plse tell me how.

Jan

Jan

Thanks for the help .
Looks like I am going to have to attend Trainz university to deal with all these issues :'(

It's mainly routes,sessions,locomotives,rolling stock, and rules/driver commands that you want to watch out for. Scenery and industry items can sometimes be a problem if they are scripted.

If you do come across an issue when backdating, just post the issue, and either me or someone else will be able to advise.

Shane

I have a problem at the moment with a steam locomotive I exported from TS12 to TR2006 but it is not showing in railyard and there are numerous things for me to look at that don't make sense at the moment , but I want to try and sort it myself -
If I can't do it I will post the details thanks. Perhaps other guys can learn too.

30NG Porter 0-4-0T Loco. Author Pencil42

Some history first because I used your tutorial and imported this loco from TS12, using the picklist, but I don't know if i did it correct. The loco works in T!@ and there are no errors there , just a warning about an obsolete build number below 2.7 that is no longer supported.
When I browse in CMP I see info with the author and two assets , one with the missing dependency icon but I can't seem to pick up which dependency is missing , all it tells me when viewing in main list is that there are 6 on DS.
Maybe I am browsing wrong ?

If it's a missing dependency problem, right-click the asset and click View Dependencies, then post any KUIDS that are showing with a ?.

Shane

There are no kuids marked with a ? This is what I see.

Download Station: 040enginespec
Not faulty: 30NG Porter 0-4-0T Interior
Not faulty: invisible_bogey
Download Station: JintyEngineSound
Download Station: NG30 Porter 040T invisible bogie
Download Station: NG30 Porter 040T steam bogie
Download Station: Union Pacific small whistle and bell
Not faulty: Water
Download Station: Wood Loco Fuel V2

Already got it in 2010 but just downloaded from the DLS, all intact with no errors or anything missing. Either drag the loco to the Download helper window and download which should get the rest of it.

Thanks clam I am going to try that, just not sure how it will work out from TR12 to TS06 with the build numbers .
I saw in TS12 that there are warnings regarding obsolete stuff not being supported below 2.7 and this asset is 2.4 .
I also see I have stuff hanging around from build 1.3... I presume this happens when one dl's stuff and you don't really know what you are doing :confused: ?
I am not sure at all what is cooking with that issue .

I also notice that this asset can be 'viewed in railyard ' when r-clicking on it - but when I do CMP shuts down and dissapears. Is this the effect of the missing dependancy ?

In the actual railyard, the spirit is there, but the body is still floating around somewhere.

The View in Railyard will open Trainz to show you the item. Once Trainz is closed, Content Manager will appear automatically.

A shortcut for installing missing dependencies that are on the download station is to right-click the asset and click Download.

Shane

The View in Railyard will open Trainz to show you the item. Once Trainz is closed, Content Manager will appear automatically.

A shortcut for installing missing dependencies that are on the download station is to right-click the asset and click Download.

Shane

Hi Shane.

CMP dissappears completely and trainz does not open up altough the option to view in railyard is active.

I have to open CMP anew after this has happened and the asset will not dl at all - I had understood that it might be because of the reasons you mentioned earlier in the thread relating to the dash (-) in the dl helper window.

I have not changed anything regarding the build number or tried what clam has suggested yet becuase I am not sure what to do first.

Jan

It is possible by adjusting the trainz-build value. See http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php5/Trainz-build for the values.

Be aware that this can cause additional issues due to changes in later versions (for example, Trainz Classics used the default.im naming method, whereas older versions did not).

Shane

Thank you I read above media and there is have to know stuff in there that all trainzers should know .

Once again I have a question - I do not pick up how to adjust trainz build values , possibly I missed it for there is much stuff to read.

I seem to read between the lines that one can not use some assets (however hard you try) because they will no longer be supported . Is this why I cannot install this TR12 asset into TS2006 or is the problem me that does not understand how to find amissing dependency.
Thanks for your patience whoever reads this thread and possibly gets frustrated.:wave:

Jan

Back