Do you need to purchase an actual trainz game to access the download station?

Caleb639

I was wondering if you could access the download station by buying an add on such as an engine pack. I have already bought the game and my brother also wants to play it. Doesn't really make sense to buy the game twice just to access the download station.

Unless your brother is running your game, with your account details, then yes, you would have to buy another version of the game.

If you want to do multiplayer with him then each copy of the game needs to have separate serial numbers, usernames and accounts.

As an example; I have 1 (purchased) copy of the game installed on both of my computers. They both can download from the DLS using 1 FCT, but they can't both be used for multiplayer at the same time since they are the same player.

I agree with the above.

To use Multiplayer, each system that is to be used for Multiplayer must have it's own version of TS12, registered under it's own account (although it can be registered under an account that has other Trainz versions registered). Registering more than one TS12 version under the same account for different machines will not work for Multiplayer.

Shane

Back