Screenshot of the Week: 6/5 to 6/12 (Warning: potential for large shots)

Retro00064

Submission closed. The voting is here.

This week has no theme.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Code of Conduct.

Submission closes on June 12 at 12:00 a. m. UTC (June 11 at 8:00 p. m. here in the eastern U. S.), after which point voting will begin.

Next week's theme (starts June 10 at 12:00 a. m. UTC. I promise): The 1970s (suggested by Rail4Pete).

Please feel free to PM me with suggestions for themes, etc. They are much appreciated!

Good luck. :)

Regards,

Zachary.

Last edited:
Congrats on the mod status!

Ed, I am only a moderator here in the Competitions forum so that I can post new Screenshot of the Week threads here (as well as do stuff like closing old submission and voting threads), as regular users can not post new threads here, and N3V wanted the contest to be located here from now on.

I looked in the User Control Panel to see if I could change my user title to "ScreenshotOfTheWeek mgr." or whatever (to avoid confusion that I was a real forum moderator), but it appears the feature to use a custom user title is now unavailable for me.

Regards,

Zachary.

K4 Southern Utah..

Bobcass_20120604_0036.jpg

No need to protest Zachary, I was just congratulating you! Better a Mod of one forum section, than none at all. AJ has needed some help some a long time now, so good for you!

Nice shot Bob, the cliffs look good from here!

And now for my shot:

929d26702c3c765c9020c522a73fdc09.jpg

A Turbostar waits at a station on the Fort William-Mallaig line, while a Network Rail snow plough heads back to the yard.
4a2962413fa7773d60ebf95d77c7c565.jpg

To celebrate the switch of venue and the status switch of Retro to an almost-not-quite-full-blooded-mod, a couple more switchers...

swmc_214.jpg

Andy :)

Euphod: Thank you for the nice comment..I keep trying different things and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't..

so i tries ts 12 on my friends pc and took out this from his pc .its my first ts12 shot though i dont own ts 12 but capture it while playing on friends pc
kamran_20120605_0000.jpg

No need to protest Zachary, I was just congratulating you! Better a Mod of one forum section, than none at all. AJ has needed some help some a long time now, so good for you!

<snip>

Protesting? I was just stating facts. Sorry if I came across negatively. Thanks for the comments, but I am only allowed to use the moderation functions as necessary for the running of the contest, i. e. being able to post new Screenshot of the Week threads here in the first place, as well as being able to close old, closed submission and voting threads (though it would be a little tempting to delete any posts by spammers that might happen to be posted here, lol). (I would also be able to try the Poll feature for the voting threads, but its limitations make it unsuitable for the purpose.) Thus why I would like to change my user title to avoid confusion for a real moderator. Besides, I am sure that there are others around here who are more worthy of being one of the real forum moderators than me.

Okay, I get it; you're not worthy and all that, and you're not a real mod, you only have certain privileges in this forum. You may think the assignment means nothing and anyone could do it, but remember that not everyone has the temperament, patience and wisdom to do every job. I was once promoted past my skill level and found out over a few years why that was a corporate error! I relinquished the position to someone else who was far better suited to deal with other people than I, and accepted the demotion. It was hard to do, but after a number of years I see everything running more smoothly with a more easy going guy in charge. I'm not saying being a Mod is a big fancy deal, I'm just saying that not everyone could do it, and the fact that you have been entrusted with it says something good about your character. Can we leave it at that?:hehe:

Waiting for the first early commuter of the day along The Laurel Line, while an unscheduled freight delivery approaches in the distance.

LL_prev009.jpg

( WIP courtesy of Mr Scott (LWVRR) and yours truly ;) )

Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam,

Jan

Waiting for the first early commuter of the day along The Laurel Line, while an unscheduled freight delivery approaches in the distance.

LL_prev009.jpg

( WIP courtesy of Mr Scott (LWVRR) and yours truly ;) )

Greetings from cloudy Amsterdam,

Jan

That's a fancy introduction for a little box with an "x" in it!

Greetings from clear and sunny Chicago,

Ed

The image works perfectly fine at my side, Ed ;).

Okay; WHAT THE HECK?
I viewed the thread at my place of "work", and the picture didn't show. I replied as above, but cancelled the reply thinking that it may show when I got home, and it does. The thing is, when I cancelled my reply, it ignored me and posted it anyway. So I thought I would just look at it when I got home, which I have. So now I want to edit the post above to at least remove the image, and my "Edit" button is gone!
I should mention that when I arrived at home, the power must have gone out, so I reset all the clocks, then had to recycle the power on my router and my modem, but... this is just too strange!

My apologies to everyone for wasting your time!:(

Back