1940's train, locomotive

cam_jp

Can anybody identify this type of locomotive for me please?

Even better, is there one in any of the Trainz versions?

It is from Australia (NSW) from the 1940's.

scaled.php

appreciate any leads in the right direction.

- Cam

It's a 38 class, two versions of 3801 are available on the DLS in streamlined form. I'm not sure of others though. But search "38" on the DLS, category Locomotives.

EDIT: Petan beat me, just!

These are on the DLS:

Search for name "NSWGR C38" to find them all.

Last edited:
It's a 38 class, two versions of 3801 are available on the DLS in streamlined form. I'm not sure of others though. But search "38" on the DLS, category Locomotives.

EDIT: Petan beat me, just!

That's the thing about trainz; lots of people eager to help!!

Thanks guys, that's great. Thanks also for the wiki-reference for more info on it too. :)

It is listed as TRS2004, for all the C38 versions on DLS. Can they be used in TS12 directly or is it better not to.

I do have TRS2006 to use them in if that is 'safer'.

- Cam

a bit...

...they'll just require a bit of fixing.

A bit of fixing... that sounds time consuming.

I've never done any editing at all before. Nor am I a programmer.

Any links to the simple version of how to modify/fix it to TS12.

- Cam

Thanks guys, that's great. Thanks also for the wiki-reference for more info on it too. :) - Cam

If you enjoy technical stuff, the "Coals To Newcastle" MS Train Simulator download site has material on driving the 38 class in the "Read Me" files. http://www.coalstonewcastle.com.au/stock/steam-nswgr/downloads/

If you want the NSWGR drivers' documents than that same wonderful site has that as well. Just hover your mouse over the "Documents" menu across the top of this page http://www.coalstonewcastle.com.au/training/documents/

If you enjoy technical stuff, the "Coals To Newcastle" MS Train Simulator download site has material on driving the 38 class in the "Read Me" files. http://www.coalstonewcastle.com.au/stock/steam-nswgr/downloads/

If you want the NSWGR drivers' documents than that same wonderful site has that as well.
http://www.coalstonewcastle.com.au/training/documents/

Petan, those documents and sites are great! I have put the main site in my favourites so I can look at in more detail at leisure.

Thanks.

- Cam

I also checked out the MS Train Simulator game, it is quite a pricey item.

A bit of fixing... that sounds time consuming.

I've never done any editing at all before. Nor am I a programmer.

Any links to the simple version of how to modify/fix it to TS12.

- Cam
The amount of fixing is determined by the errors the asset has upon installing. Most are easy, it should only take about 1 minute per error, unless you need to make textures.

The amount of fixing is determined by the errors the asset has upon installing. Most are easy, it should only take about 1 minute per error, unless you need to make textures.

Captain, how do I check for errors before trying in T12?

I guess its a good idea to backup before tryng...

- Cam

Captain, how do I check for errors before trying in T12?

I guess its a good idea to backup before tryng...

- Cam

You have to install it to check it. Download it and the dependencies, and Right-click on them and select "View Errors And Warnings". Tell me what ERRORS show for the locos and their dependencies.

Backing up is unecessary.

Last edited:
I have downloaded both C3813 and C3829 to my TRS2006 CM.

(will try to fix here before trying in T12)

It indicates: dummy_bogey,<kuid2:1854:3806:2> is faulty.

FAULT:
Warning: Compulsory tag 'direct-drive' was missing and has been set to default.
Error: The tag 'region' is not permitted within this container. (Container type 'bogey')
Warning: 'uK'is not a valid value for tag 'category-region'. This tag is now empty and a new value must be selected.

both Locos are dependent on this asset.

This appears to be the only broken/faulty one.

- Cam

Last edited:
Ok, just remove the "region" line and its value. Save the config.txt file and Commit the asset in CM.

Captain,

I have pressed: open for edit.

I have gone to the 'open for edit' tab.

went into IE to edit. opened config file and deleted the entire region line, (left no space).

Hope that was right.

Will commit now...

- Cam

Listed in Railyard but invisble.

Captain, (or other)

It seemed to be Ok at first....

When I went into TRS2006 to check it the tenders appear in the railyard. But when I select the locomotives (both) there is nothing there..!!? They are invisible...

Did I delete too much, or what is wrong?

-Cam

You just have to make sure there are no faults on any of the locos or dependencies for the loco or tender. Once it shows only warnings or nothing it will work.

Back