Bogie needed

BLACKWATCH

Mechanical Engineer
Anyone know where kuid2:44700:50442:3 can be obtained, dls says it's TC 1&2 but unobtainable.
The :1 version for 2006 is also "not available" anymore, kinda makes the the updated 2.9 version
of the loco that uses it, toally pointless if you can't get the bogie. :confused:

I just checked and found this asset via Content Manager:
24 Gossen Garratt Tank bogie,<kuid2:44700:50442:3>

If thats the one, something is broken on your side and I suggest you try CM.

CM 3.3 reports this as an "Unknown" kuid with a ?, therefore it seems it could be a 'built in' item for TS12
& not available on the dls, which is strange if it is needed by a 2.9 build loco in TS2010.
I solved the problem by changing the loco config to use the :2 version of the bogie.

I just checked.

If I search for "24 Gossen Garratt Tank bogie" I find the asset with the kuid you mentioned.
If I search for "24 Gossen Garratt Tank bogie" and "Built-in = true" I do not find the asset.

The asset has Build Version 2.7.

So your search finds <kuid2:44700:50442:2> which is build 2.4 (the asset I've reverted the loco to), but

I just checked and found this asset via Content Manager:
24 Gossen Garratt Tank bogie,<kuid2:44700:50442:3>

where did you get <kuid2:44700:50442:3>, (which I can't find, but the loco config references) ?

Last edited:
That's the :2 version which I have, & in your link, it says "Not Available", it's the :3 version that the loco config references, but
it doesn't appear to exist anywhere.

No good either, that's the Trainz Classics 1 & 2 version, even though it's the correct kuid number, it also says "Not Available".

Hmm, in ts2010 the version 3 bogey isn't found, exactly as blackwatch describes. In TS12 it just downloads as a dependency.
If this happens because the 2nd version is a builtin in ts2010, or some other misterious reason, is anybody's guess.
With a build number of 2.7 it should download in ts2010 too of course, but it doesn't.

PS. in ts2010 I too reverted to version 2, allthough I could have grabbed it from my ts12 installation.

Greetings from rainy Amsterdam,

Jan

Last edited:
Are You using the DownloadCart, and getting not available there ? That seems to be a false information. Use the FTP Download at the Download Page. The bogey is definitely downloadable.

Peter

Dls 'Black Pages' won't even find the :3 version for me, if I use the link that 'Shanks' gives at post #8, I get this ...........................

3dls.jpg

If I then click 'Add to cart', I get this ..............................

cart.jpg

As you can see, the item is either "Not Available" or it's "Invalid", please take note, you have TS12, I only have TS2010.

Don't use Add to Cart, use Download Page instead. On the next page use Download (FTP). When using the cart, I get the same false message as You.

Another way is to try using a URL like
ftp://Username:CodedPassword@files.auran.com/Restricted/trainz/TRAINZ2010-Builtin/bogey/kuid2_44700_50442_3.cdp
The username and coded password are available at Planet Auran - FTP Details.
If You have a FCT use firstclass.auran.com instead of files.auran.com .

Peter

Last edited:
Don't use Add to Cart, use Download Page instead. On the next page use Download (FTP). When using the cart, I get the same false message as You.

Another way is to try using a URL like
ftp://Username:CodedPassword@files....INZ2010-Builtin/bogey/kuid2_44700_50442_3.cdp
The username and coded password are available at Planet Auran - FTP Details.
If You have a FCT use firstclass.auran.com instead of files.auran.com .

Peter

To be able to get to where I can use Download Page to get to the next page & use Download (FTP), first the 'black pages' need to
produce the item when searched for, in 2010 the version 3 bogey isn't found, so how can I do as you suggest ?

Tried using the URL method (using my ftp details), it tells me "no such file exists"

Try uninstalling your copy of TS12 & use 2010 to get it. ;)

Shanks, that's because you have TS12 installed.

Last edited:
Blackwatch

That bogie is build number 2.7, it has been there for about a year. Go to the DLS button at the top of this page, search for username 'narrowgauge' and you will see the bogie on page 6 or 7, lefthand column near the bottom. If despite this, you still can't find it, email me and I will send it to you.

Peter

Blackwatch

That bogie is build number 2.7, it has been there for about a year. Go to the DLS button at the top of this page, search for username 'narrowgauge' and you will see the bogie on page 6 or 7, lefthand column near the bottom. If despite this, you still can't find it, email me and I will send it to you.

Peter

Tried that Peter, had all boxes from UTC to TS12 ticked, but it only gives 4 pages & it's not among those.

ngauge.jpg

With all boxes ticked you should find 130 assets, only 2 of them for TS12 and 15 older than UTC.

Peter

Last edited:
With all boxes ticked you should find 130 assets, only 2 of them for TS12 and 15 older than UTC.

Peter

Then I suggest you go & find them, then let the rest of us know how.
Check post#10, made by a long serving user of Trainz (I started with UTC myself) we are not foolish newcomers, we have been
using this 'sim/game/program' for a year or three, so we know all the 'Basics' plus a bit more.

Back