Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AJS Invisible Stations and Bloodnok's New Platforms - Loading Problems Workaround

Blog Entries

Apologies on bumping this thread, but I do have some useful information.

Kris Deagle has responded to my other thread (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showt...ion-TS2009-SP4) with an update on the progress on this issue.

Have a read of the link above - the final post in that thread (at this moment in time) is Kris's response.

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

Hi guys,

Not sure I'm in the right thread, but there is another thing that doesn't work with AJS stations. When making a schedule like explained in the first post, the train stops, opens its doors, then closes them and drive to the next station, but without having taken the station passengers, who all remain on the platform, and the train remains empty.

The "work-around" doesn't work. Is there a way to unactivate the station trigger so that the unloading and loading processes are done by the schedule rules ?

Thanks in advance. I'm using TS2010 SP4.
    TheRack.

Blog Entries

That is connected with it, but nothing can be done about it unless N3V and andi06 can work together to sort out the issue, as the crucial script for andi06's stations is encrypted.

Shane
    Shane Turner

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

Thank you very much Shane for your answer. Do you know if there is a way to make a proper AI schedule system in Trainz ? I've tried many ways since a few days, including the timetables done by members, but they too seem to suffer the same problems as the AJS stations. What I try to do in my project is very simple, although it seems complicated with Trainz (??!!) :

- Making trains go from one station to another, opening their doors, picking up passengers, and continue
    - Making it possible for a player to take one of those trains and drive it a few time, then release it again to the system so the train reintegrates the schedule system.
    - Making it possible to have correspondancies at some stations, where trains from 2 lines will wait one for each other, keep their doors open until both trains stopped for a half minute, then leave their stations at the same time, continue their own journey.

I've tried 3 or 4 rule systems as well as script commands, nothing seem to work efficiently :-( My HVV-Project is a subway system. What I want to do are simple and common things, but I fight since many years with Trainz to try to achieve them. Ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks again.
    Kind regards,
    TheRack.

Blog Entries

It is possible, using Load At, Wait Until Minute/Wait For, and possibly Wait For Trigger.

Bloodnok's Station Platforms series usually behaves better than andi06's stations, but the major difference is that Bloodnok's stations are not invisible.

Shane
    Shane Turner

Sorry to bump this thread but i'm having problems with Andi06's AJS Invisible 2T Island platform where i tell the train to call at platform 1 and it instead tries to go to platform 3 despite a train already sitting at platform 3
    Nothing Here

I think the problem lies with the compatability of the various scripts involved and which can only be solved by the creators and Auran working together.
    This will never happen, unless Auran will release the source code and content creators will manage both the game code and the content under an open source project. This was done to many commercial products and I hope one day we will have something like 'OpenTrainz', preferably running on an open source platform, like Linux. Anything else is waste of time and big headache.