PGuys Configurable HUD

Lots_Trains

TS2010 User
Here is a pic of P Guys new Configureable HUD.

Its just about finished beta testing, please try it out and see if you can discover any bugs.

Its another one of Pierre's superb "Quick" format creations allowing it to be edited and modified while in driver.

There is a multitude of readouts that you can display and each train can have its very own personalized HUD You can have different HUD's for switchers and for mainline trains or whatever.

The pic below shows the HUD for a Shuttle Grain train from Bayard Western Iowa to Gurnsey Califonia, Its showing the normal DPU set up for Shuttle grain trains over Tehachapi.

If you want to give the Beta a try its at

http://trainz.guynet.org/

Cheers

Lots

HUD.jpg

This looks very useful. Ill give it a shot. Any chance it might end up on the DLS when out of Beta?

Uh--- I'm not sure exactly WHAT I'm supposed to DLoad to check this out. Do I DLoad ALL the files?

Thanks, it looks very interesting.

Dave

At the right moment for me

This could come better at any other moment for me.
just finished 99.999% of my route and this looks a perfect hud for running consists over the rockies.
I sure will give this a try and thank you so much for making and sharing this with us, looks most useful.

Roy;)

I'm having some issues with it in 2012. This may be due to me not doing it right, but:
If I make a new HUD it just reverts to the default (DefHud), although it sees the new HUD I have made.
There doesn't seem to be any way to save what you do in the control panel. (no green checkmark)
I cannot see a graphical interface anywhere.
If you click on the control panel in Driver, you get ALL the "View Details" for every item of rolling stock, they have to be closed one by one.

Where are the settings saved? In the session or route? Which layers have to be unlocked?

How do you assign a different HUD to each train?

I'd like to have it working, It's really neat, like all PGuy's stuff.

Mick Berg.

Last edited:
Hi Mick

Sorry I havn't got 2012, but to make a new HUD. In Surveyor, go to the Session and edit the HUD in there clone the current HUD and rename it and Reconfigure it there, it will be saved when you save the session.

Now to used that HUD on a new Loco, the is a Driver Command which lets you assign what ever HUD you have created to the loco. Unfortunatly this Driver Command is not in the big package but is available seperatly on Pierre's Beta page.

The HUD Settings will be saved as part of the Session along with the rest of the rules, In Driver the changes will only be saved for a saved game.

Would you pop Pierre an PM or email and tell of those bugs you have 2012 as its still in beta and best to get them cleared up.

Note also if you use Pierre's QPortal the HUD will transfer though there as long as you have a HUD of that same name on the New Map If you want to use Train Names please read the QPortal Docs on Pierre's site as it will tell you how to enter them via QSession Vars

It is a real complex peice of kit but very powerful and very cool.

Cheers

Lots

Hi Mick

Sorry I havn't got 2012, but to make a new HUD. In Surveyor, go to the Session and edit the HUD in there clone the current HUD and rename it and Reconfigure it there, it will be saved when you save the session.

Now to used that HUD on a new Loco, the is a Driver Command which lets you assign what ever HUD you have created to the loco. Unfortunatly this Driver Command is not in the big package but is available seperatly on Pierre's Beta page.

The HUD Settings will be saved as part of the Session along with the rest of the rules, In Driver the changes will only be saved for a saved game.

Would you pop Pierre an PM or email and tell of those bugs you have 2012 as its still in beta and best to get them cleared up.

Note also if you use Pierre's QPortal the HUD will transfer though there as long as you have a HUD of that same name on the New Map If you want to use Train Names please read the QPortal Docs on Pierre's site as it will tell you how to enter them via QSession Vars

It is a real complex peice of kit but very powerful and very cool.

Cheers

Lots

I have a 2010 install, and will try it there before I email Pierre, so that I can distinguish between general problems and specific 2012 problems.

EDIT: I have tried it in 2010 and do not get a graphical interface there either, at least I don't think so.
Mick.

Last edited:
I have spoken to Pierre regarding the graphical interface, it is not implemented yet although the selection checkmark is in place.

I am still unable to permanently save my custom HUD. Every time I reopen my route it has reverted to "defhud".
Is anyone else getting this, before I contact Pierre again?

Thanks,
Mick.

Back