Message Console Rule (fixed)

trev999

Hi Guys - The above rule is now available on the DLS.

Any messages that were on the screen at save time are lost.
Mods were made to the initialising routine to enable the script to start when resuming a saved game.

If you would like to change the default window parameters they are to be found in the Globals section of the script.

Regards - Trevor

Thanks!

I actually just started using this for my activities as a way of communicating with driver instead of using big HTML windows.

One thing i'd have liked though, is it to hide itself, but not disappear completely but just hide to the minimized version so a user can see the messages again.

Hi Dave - Have you tried using the black arrow buttons on the window? The top one minimises the window and the bottom one enlarges it.

Do you use the MC: Add Message rule to send messages to the window? There is a half-second delay when using this method (see lines 116 and 117 of Add Message script).

Usually I hard-code the messages into my driver commands, which makes them more informative.

Cheers - Trevor

Last edited:
If I set it to not visible at startup and the timeout time, when it time's out it disappears totally, not showing the two arrows.
I'm using the MC: Add Message rule, i've not had any problems with it really.

What do you mean by hard-coding the messages into your driver commands?

Thanks for your help

Dave - I had a look at the script again but I can't crack the secret of the disappearing window as yet. If you start the session with the window visible you can then minimise it and the messages slide out and disappear after the timeout. They will be readable when you need to look at them again. The window is so unobtrusive that I usually just leave it open in the reduced size.

By hard-coding I mean that I edit the script of a command that I wish to monitor and add the broadcast message instruction. The format is similar to that contained in the last couple of lines of MC: Add Message script.

Cheers - Trevor

Back