ECML Kings Cross - Newcastle sessions - horn issue

belgian46

Hello,

This morning, I tried the three sessions of the ECML Kings Cross - Newcastle route.
I used the cab-mode and found out that the driver commands menu appeared and disappeared rather slow when clicking the green button.
I don't have this with all other routes in Trainz12.

I started with the session Lincoln relief and while driving I used the horn ( horn driver command ). When clicking on the horn - the train stopped

I pushed on the drive item ( driver command ), the train was moving and then I reused the horn command, and again the train stopped.

I did the same action with the other sessions of the same ECML Kings Cross - Newcastle route and I had the same result when using the horn.

I would like to use the horn while driving the train. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Best regards

Kurt :wave:

To sound the horn use the H key.

If You are really using a driver command to sound the horn, it is normal for the train to stop afterwards. By using a driver command, You activate the AI driver for that train. After executing the horn command, there are no more commands to execute, that's why the train stops.

Peter

It's OK. Hopefully you get your horn issue resolved - if I had TS12, I would have a look myself. (unfortunately, that's on my 'in the future' list).

Shane

Another thought - if you are driving the train manually, use the H(Horn) key rather than a driver command. Driver commands are designed to be used by AI trains.

(Some else above may also have suggested this)

Shane

Another thought - if you are driving the train manually, use the H(Horn) key rather than a driver command. Driver commands are designed to be used by AI trains.

(Some else above may also have suggested this)

Shane

Hello Shane,

Having this horn problem in the three sessions is very strange. And there is also another thing happening.
When I start the train with the drive command, the train is moving. When I click on the green button ( driver commands ), the screen freezes until the driver commands are presented on the screen. During the freez moment, I can hear the sound of the train.

I checked P-dehnert's solution ( using the H-key ), and it functions - the train doesn't stop.:D

Whenever I drive this route, I will keep in mind to use the H-key. With the other routes, I can use the hornz command.

Last edited:
To sound the horn use the H key.

If You are really using a driver command to sound the horn, it is normal for the train to stop afterwards. By using a driver command, You activate the AI driver for that train. After executing the horn command, there are no more commands to execute, that's why the train stops.

Peter

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the information and solution.

Do you have some extra info about the use of the driver command, because my interpretation of the driver command seems to be incorrect.

Best regards

Kurt
Are you trying to select the Hornz command to put this into the driver schedule while in driver mode, if so in the TS12 ECML route you will probably find that to select driver commands there is a delay of 15-20 seconds during which time the train stops, the timer stops but he sound carries on. I presumed this was normal as the route is so big and resource hungry. I think the gamescript has been changed to give precedence to the driving motion etc. As this never occurred in the slightly smaller TS2010 ECML, which was not as responsive in other areas. As Peter said use the H key to sound th horn, you will find that this will allow the train to carry on at full speed without affecting the remaining driver schedule. I always make sure that I set everything up in surveyor using the copy and schedule commands to minimise any delays in surveyor.

Ken

Last edited:
Kurt
Are you trying to select the Hornz command to put this into the driver schedule while in driver mode, if so in the TS12 ECML route you will probably find that to select driver commands there is a delay of 15-20 seconds during which time the train stops, the timer stops but he sound carries on. I presumed this was normal as the route is so big and resource hungry. I think the gamescript has been changed to give precedence to the driving motion etc. As this never occurred in the slightly smaller TS2010 ECML, which was not as responsive in other areas. As Peter said use the H key to sound th horn, you will find that this will allow the train to carry on at full speed without affecting the remaining driver schedule. I always make sure that I set everything up in surveyor using the copy and schedule commands to minimise any delays in surveyor.

Ken

Hello Ken,

No, that was not my intention. I started trainz12 - went to the ECML Kings Cross - Newcastle route - clicked on sessions and started the Lincoln Relief session. Instead of using the instruments in the cabin, I used the green button which opens the driver commands. When clicking on the green button - the driver command menu doesn't open instantly. It takes a few seconds. I clicked on drive and the train moved. After a while a AI-train arrived from the opposite direction. So I went again to the driver command menu to use the horn. I wanted to see weather the other train used its horn in response to my horn-action. By using the horn command I noticed that the train stopped.

If thought the TS2010 ECML was large - then the version in Trainz12 must be enormous. And I just did a computer hardware upgrade - other motherboard - more memory ( 8gb insteas of 6 gb ) and a new GPU ( nvidia GTX 570 instead of nvidia GTS 260 ).

Best regards

Back