Scenarios - please recommend (DLS or third-party)

cam_jp

Can anyone recommend some scenarios in DL station. Or some third party ones are OK.

Prefer ones with all content still available if possible of course.

Thanks,

- Cam

I assume you mean sessions.

Could you make more clear what kind of sessions you are looking for so we can give you a better aimed answer?

More detail

I am looking for ones that are not too complicated and can be completed within 60 minutes, 90 minutes maximum.

The main thing is for them to work correctly, have all dependencies, (and not have some things 'invalid').

I tried downloading some years ago and found they all seem to be missing something... But have recently purchased T12 so interest renewed again, but want advice/recommendations first.

Mainly just reliable, simple (but not unrealistic) ones. My favorites still remain the good ol' ones from TRAINZ 2004, when they used to be called "scenarios". (As oknotsen correctly pointed out, they are now called sessions)

appreciate any help, thanks.

- Cam

Eagerly to DLS....

How about the route NORTHBAY COUNTY and some of it's sessions?

Thanks boyerm25. Eagerly went to DLS after your post, however, I placed them in the cart to download but says 'content is invalid' (see below). What am I missing?

Most of the dependencies look to be OK, but not checked them after I saw this.

DownloadsSize
Northbay County-Coal Mine Run TS12
kuid2_44700_8000464_1.cdp
4.34 MBContent is invalid

Also

DownloadsSize
Northbay County TS12
kuid2_44700_800045_3.cdp
1.95 MBContent is invalid

Hi cam_jp,

It seems like you are still using the DLS. You have TS12 now, so forget that website and use the build-in Content Manager (CM; via "Content" in the start-up screen).

How about the route NORTHBAY COUNTY and some of it's sessions?
Both of those have 10-15 dependencies not on the DLS, so if you dont want to have the hassle of having to look for those, skip that idea.

To keep you busy for a while, follow philskene's advice and get a bunch of his work. As he wrote himself: Everything is on the DLS (so easy accessible via CM).

For a 10-20 minute yard session, you could try my "Woodridge shunting,<kuid:645812:100072>" session; fictional (not the best) route, but a nice tested little session.

trying, w/CM

Oknotsen, Philskene thanks. I have been using the website.

However, I have downloaded philskene's "Harbourmaster" session/route in Content manager. It looks great. Just a quick look so far though. Does not appear to be missing anything.

Now adding "Intencity" as well. After a better check I'll add others

Thanks again,

- Cam

P.S. still open to more recommendations of course

Last edited:
Highly recommend

Have downloaded most of Philskene's sessions. Had very little trouble and everything was either on DLS or a clearly marked site to obtain the assets.

Thanks Phil.

I now highly recommend Phil's stuff.

Thanks also to Oknotsen for pointing me in the right direction.

- Cam

This route (not on DLS, why do you want DLS sessions only?) has several sessions too. In most of them you have to throw switches manually, but you will really enjoy mountain route with 5 or 6 hours of driving.

Vince, thanks. I'm checking them out and the site has a couple of interesting links on it too.

You are right to question why I said for them to be on DLS. They don't have to be, I'm open to third-party sites like you mentioned, really meant for them (wherever they are) not to be missing stuff, hard to find or invalid dependencies.

That mountain 5+ hour track sounds great like a marathon, not sure If I can devote that much time at the moment. But certainly check the site and info.

- Cam

Last edited:
I couldn't get either of the woodridge sessions to work. I didn't know about the northbay county thing as it is built in to TS MAC.

You are right to question why I said for them to be on DLS. They don't have to be, I'm open to third-party sites like you mentioned, really meant for them (wherever they are) not to be missing stuff, hard to find or invalid dependencies.

That mountain 5+ hour track sounds great like a marathon, not sure If I can devote that much time at the moment. But certainly check the site and info.

- Cam

I understand. That's why I haven't my own web with consists or sessions yet. I can't imagine myself how to make a good list of dependencies.

MBC sessions are really marathons, I have to say I have tried only two ones now, but no one I finished whole, I had to divide them for two or three evenings. God bless saving possibility in Trainz :D

Back