2 Questions about Driver and Driver command!?

ish6

Since 2001
Hi All,

1. When in driver, how do one free roam across the map?
Previous trainz has this option on the upper left corner, etc

2. I would like have a vehicle run around as soon as the session startes, etc but the run around rule does not do this, so what would you recommend to use?

Thanks in advance!
Ishie

1. Hit key number 4. 1 cab view, 2 External, 3 Tracking and 4 Free Roam.
2. Never thought about that and having just tried it, no it doesn't work. Does if you do it manually though as in not in a pre scripted session. I'm probably going to need that function in my Route, so be interested to what anyone can come up with?

Top right there are maybe 5 boxes, the left one is camera modes. Select whichever.
With run round maybe it can't see a route, there's also run round extended.

2. I would like have a vehicle run around as soon as the session startes, etc but the run around rule does not do this, so what would you recommend to use?

Place a track mark directly in front of the locomotive and then use a "Navigate To Trackmark" command before the "Run Around" command. The train won't move, but the Navigate command will execute and the Run Around will work as expected.

Regarding camera views, I miss the little boxes in the top right hand corner in Trainz 2012, which gives you the camera views and the speed limit. Thankfully they are still in place in Trainz 2010, and if I wanted them off screen, I just press F5, why they decided to move all the camera angles to a fiddly little box, out of the way, at the top of the screen is beyond me. They call it progress, I call it annoying and fiddly.

If this could be changed back, then that would be great, otherwise, I am sticking with Trainz 2010.

Joe Airtime

HI ALL Posters!!!

Thank you very much all of you -- I did as instructed, and it all worked great!

Craig (seeseeme) thank you for your cdp example -- I installed and it worked as I wanted it so!

Everyone take care, and thanks!!! :wave:

Ish

Back