Error when switching between layers

tlanders

Every now and then when I switch from one layer to the Route layer I get this error box.

errorbox.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Anyone know what it means, and how I go about getting rid of it?

PS: Yes, I did search the forums.

Tom

Hi Tom,
To troubleshoot this I would hide all the other layers to see if there is something obvious on the route layer that shouldn't be there. (Edit: Or is there something on another layer which should be on the route layer?) Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Neil

Last edited:
This happens when you try to move the route layer box. It can also happen if you add anything to the track that has been got the properties of a session.

You can have track objects (signals, switches, etc) in layers that belong to (have the "properties" of) a session - but this is not always advisable. However, all track objects must be in either the same layer (either session or route) as the track OR in a layer directly below the track layer. If you attempt to move a layer containing track objects to a new position above the layer that contains the track the object is attached to, then you will get this error message.

This applies when the track is in either a route or a session layer. My personal preference is to place all track in the top route layer.

Peter Ware.

Back