Trainz building a route step by step lets play!!!!

Delfront99

Hey this is a new lets play series on youtube, how to build a route in steps following me along the ride as we build a cool new layout.

Comon dude, this is the least that need to be posted here. How about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The selected session can NOT be used for multi player, the selected route, session or some dependencys have been locally modified and an attempt to revert these assets have failed!!!

This is BS for a 50 dollar sim that some ppl actually buy. Don't mean to have an tude but whatever.

This is for 2009 i see you have 2012 that might be your problem. It was not made for 2012 nor will it be, this was for people to watch me build a route from scratch till finish and people can download and try it out, i mean for people to get some basics and make something on your own! Thats how you enjoy this game, build something your proud of and feel accomplished and run trains on it. Any other questions?

Comon dude, this is the least that need to be posted here. How about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The selected session can NOT be used for multi player, the selected route, session or some dependencys have been locally modified and an attempt to revert these assets have failed!!!

This is BS for a 50 dollar sim that some ppl actually buy. Don't mean to have an tude but whatever.

William, I have read this post in two threads now, neither of which are in forums designed to help you with your problem. May I suggest you post this in the Trainz Multiplayer Talk forum, and perhaps someone there who actually uses the multiplayer function can help sort out your issues?

This is for 2009 i see you have 2012 that might be your problem. It was not made for 2012 nor will it be, this was for people to watch me build a route from scratch till finish and people can download and try it out, i mean for people to get some basics and make something on your own! Thats how you enjoy this game, build something your proud of and feel accomplished and run trains on it. Any other questions?

I think it's a fine idea, but it's going to take much patience on your part. In the end I'm sure some will find it very useful. Good show!

Okay, much better overall! You explained the menus and icons nicely and for the most part were able to show what the menu commands accomplished as you went along. I'm sure it wasn't easy working sick as you were, but you didn't have too many coughing fits along the way! I hope you get over it soon. I found this one much easier to follow, and felt as if I were actually being given instructions, rather than just riding along.

Thanks for "shout out", but just for future reference, it's pronounced "You Fodd", "Eu" like "ewe" and "phod" like "todd", except it's an "F" sound instead of a "T" sound.

A couple minor notes:

When you showed the menu for changing the sky, you did not show the sky as you changed the selections. That's too bad, because there are some dramatic skies in Trainz that would have made for an impressive change for the viewer. Your videos may be seen not only by those that have the game, but those that are curious and may buy the game based on what you show. We always want to support N3V and bring more users into the fold, so they get more profits and can put some of those profits back into improving the next version of the game. So, if you have a chance to impress someone, please take full advantage over it. The changes you made to the state of the water is another good example. I know you don't want to make a full time job out of this, but consider jotting down some notes ahead of time. Not only would that help you move along in an orderly fashion, but helps you to prepare to show visually what is most impressive. You may have placed a ship in the water ahead of time, which would have allowed you zoom in on that object when you changed the state of the water. You could have textured the grid under the water before showing the water, and that too would have helped the viewer see the difference between choppy and calm water. A script, or notes may also help you avoid the "umms", and keep the tutorial on track from beginning to end. I felt you got a bit bogged down on the rolling stock, and sidetracked the subject of the video, not by much, but just a little.

I would still like to see you start from the beginning, with a blank base board, and basically show the user how to create a map of their own, and then show them the menus and what they do, and lastly begin building what you want to showcase. In this way they are shown the menu and actions twice, and are more likely to understand what can be done.

I admit I bailed a little early this time, but lasted for at least nineteen minutes!

Again, much improved and I think you're on the right "track". Pun intended. Keep up the good work, but first; get rid of that lousy cold!

Sorry i havent done anything in awhile, i lost everything due to a complete restore to my computer. Its bad but that means i can start fresh on a new route.

Hiya. I note from your last video that before3 your crash you were running windows 8 and your now on 7. I presume that you were beta testing it as its not yet out? I would be interested to know how it ran on it as Im also beta testing 8 and have not yet got around to testing Trainz with it.

Trainz runs fine on Windows 8. I had no real problems at all with trainz or any game except minecraft since its a raw java code based game and windows 8 does not fully support java based programs. Although i recomend not using windows 8 from my experience since you can not go back to windows 7 without losing everything. Thankfully i managed to have an external hard drive to back up my most important files. While i still may not have everything back that i wanted, i had more than what i would have, now i am back up to normal with everything i had except My entire Adobe creative suite. Which makes me mad. But yeah have fun with windows 8 :p let me know how it works for you. k Cheers!!

Sorry for the late response. I took the step of installing windows 8 on a separate drive. So far all Ive done is tinker with the system itself - see what falls over. But personally I dont like the look of it. Its too much like a console and not intuitive enough for normal everyday use as a work machine.

Back