Oresund bridge (larger then 800x600 size)

DSB Litra ET (Øresundstog) is the train built for and used on this route.

DSB ET (2. class),<kuid:1094:11>
DSB FT,<kuid:1094:12>
DSB Et(1. + 2. class),<kuid:1094:10>
DSB ET Engine,<kuid:1094:51003>

Like El_Puno said, it is quite easy to fix using Pev's PM2IM (and possibly QuickShadows).

Woooot, more reactions

Thanks for the input.

@ El_puno, Kyholm, and NickieFoenshauge:
Thanks for the input related to the DK / SE trains on the bridge!
I know that there are tools to fix the old broken content, but that is not what I am after. I am looking for train vehicles that work in TS12 without having to be fixed first, so that they can be used for a demo route without requiering the downloader to fix them first.
So:
I am still looking for out-of-the-box in TS12 working Danish or Swedish rollingstock for a possible demo route of this bridge.

I will go check out the suggestions from Nickie; maybe I can fix them and re-upload them while crediting the original creater, but I prefer not bother with creating rollingstock myself at this moment in time.

ja man proud to be dutch although lived there only 25% of my life:hehe:
I was already wondering if the Dutch sounding of your name was pure coincidence :).

congrats on this gem really perfectly done and a beauty to look at and use.
Thank you very much sir!

If I find a nice place and for sure I will can I reserve it a space in my route section greater Vancouver area which I will conclude in 2014? Even not prototypical these kind of marvels are a must to fit into my 'Ooh Canada routes':cool:.
If you agree let me know and a reserve space where it fit best!
Mixed feelings here. One side of me would be proud to have my first piece of serious content incorporated in such a serious route. The other side of me has good memories of Vancouver and cant figure out a way in which it would fit and do both Vancouver and this piece any good... but maybe I should not make that last part my problem.
I say lets cross that bridge (pun intended :hehe:) when we get there; maybe by 2014 I can help of have helped you with creating an actual item out of Vancouver.

I am proud to be Dutch as we Dutch from such a tiny small country always managed in life to be very creative,inventive and succesful and real engineers of the best in the world, you agree no not meant arrogant just blunt and honest and proud.
Would I want to live in Holland. Noooooo is not Holland anymore but that happens to most countries worldwide now we are cosmopolitans:p and happy trainzers.
Going way to much off-topic here, but o well..:
I understand your feeling.
Even though we are a silly small country with 65% of its inhabitants living below sea level, its position both in geography and history made it bring forth some skilled engineers (of which, for the record, I am not one). If it comes to handeling / managing / fighting water, I think you cant find a country in the world with more skill and experience then those big-mouth-Dutch.
I live here, but not because of any proud or so. Like you, I would be more then happy to live in Vancouver or other corners of the world, but I probably would never loose my Dutch passport.
In conclussion, we have a selection of the best engineers in the world who are considered to be blunt by most of that world :hehe:.

Oknotsen keep up the great work your member now of the exclusive trainz elite grandmasters:mop:
Woooot, access to the officers lounch. Time to plunder the bar :D.

Thansk for the very kind reply and I keep you on it by 2014 ample time to find a location lol.
The bar is open for happy hour till 18:00 local timeso I bet I drink one on you my friend

Regards,

Roy

Time for an update

I have spend a lot of time on details and updating a demo route used for screenshots.

To get a better idea of how freaking huge this thing is, this is what a container ship looks like heading towards the bridge:
oresund_d01.jpg

oresund_d02.jpg

Since some people prefer numbers over screenies:
The main span between the ~204m high pillars is 490m.
The sections between the pillars going towards the main span are 140m each.

Some more screenies:
With my limited route building skills, I did my best to make something out of the artificial island of Peberholm. This is how it looks like in the demo route:
oresund_d05.jpg

And this is how the bridge looks like from flying above Peberholm:
oresund_d04.jpg

Let me know what you think :wave:.

ja man wat een kanjer!!

@oknotsen
superb man so cool can't wait to to see this marvel somewhere around my stuff.
By the way if you pretending to be a layman in routebuilding than this is freakin nice for a start but skill is built over time

best regards,

Ning n Roy

Good and bad? Maybe both!

@ Joosten and NickieFoenshauge,

Thank you once again for your nice reaction :Y:. Much appreciated!
Since I aint getting payed for this, those reactions are the next best thing to get.

@ Constar261 and Qassaquyangli,

Interesting; I ask what you think of my work so far and you both ignore my question and instead the first thing you write is asking for something.
Constar261 "won" the asking contest, but at least qassaquyangli had the decency to say please, else I wasnt even going to react to it.
* puts on the anoying adult mode * Even if it feels like stating the obvious (I know, I get that feeling myself sometimes when checking out some topics), it doesnt hurt to actually write it, especially before asking something. Unless you plan to pay me big time ofcourse; then I cant care less.

Anyway,
You both are in luck. As it is my first serious asset to create, I am pretty sure I got enough things to screw up without even thinking of catenary. Even if I decide to add catenary later, it will be as "track side" objects, not as in integrated part of the asset, so to give others a choice in how to re-use the assets.

By the way if you pretending to be a layman in routebuilding than this is freakin nice for a start but skill is built over time
Lol, I had to look up layman before understanding your comment. Still a lot of English words to learn.
I never had any graphic skills (and they dont seem to develop quickly), so texturing this bridge is hard enough. If you check out my previous attempt to create something that looks like a route, you will notice that the sessions aint bad (I think the shunting one is even nice) but that texturing of and the ammount of assets on the route could use a lot of improvement :hehe:. No surprice I added version 0.9 to the route name.

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation :p. Now I peacefully go to sleep tonight. No serious, appreciated.

I expect to have that thing ready enough for a first set of uploads in the next 14 days. If all goes well, maybe even this Sunday already.

Update on upload

If all goes well, maybe even this Sunday already.
... and something went wrong with uploading Thursday, so ended up uploading the rest on Friday evening and Saturday morning.
As a result a little detour project (those matrix signs) is partly available as also the least relevant piece of road but the actual bridge just did not make it this weekend and should show up this Monday.

For now I am shifting my focus a bit from the actual bridge to the re-usage of the bridge untill I get some usefull feedback about the actual bridge objects.
I am thinking of making 1 or more fictional shorter "connection" pieces since those I based on the actual bridge are 520m and 720m long (and probably even longer on the actual bridge) or making something like transformation road pieces to switch from my road to TUME or YARN(ish) and back more nicely. ... or maybe just make a simple house anyway :hehe:.

God i love that bridge. Drove it last summer, and gonna drive it again this summer.
Love the details, and the close to reality on your project.

Can you also re-create the feeling of crossing it in high wind?;)

Lars

Back