A TIMELY THANK YOU

nicke

Appreciative Trainzer
This weekend marks my tenth anniversary with Trainz.
I bought my first pack at the Brisbane Model Train Show over the first weekend of May in 2002.
I have had a thing about trains forever, and ride them whenever I can, wherever I am. Over a number of years I tried (in vain) to establish an N guage layout.

The experience I have had with Trainz has been special on a number of levels:
I have been able to build and run the route I always wanted to build
I have improved my computer skills
and I have been continually surpised and amazed by the generosity of the Trainz community.

I have supported Trainz with buying new releases - but have decided to stop at 2010 - because I am rebuilding my fictional Tasmanian route and want to use a lot of older things from the original route.

I read the forums daily, and look at the DLS daily. I keep an eye on many of the independent sites and as I review my ten years with Trainz I conclude that there is a lot I need to be grateful for.

To all the content creators - it is because of you my interest and enthusiasm for Trainz is maintained. There are some who have helped me personally, and heaps from all parts of the world who provide what i want.
I'm not going to name any of you (in fear of missing someone out) - but I need you to know your skill and generosity is appreciated.

To the forum posters - Thanks for the help, stimulation and interest you have provided.

To N3V - I'm very glad you have "weathered your storm" and continue to provide your service.
I'm dissapointed that you have isolated yourselves in a lot of ways from the Trainz community. I believe you could have developed a much better model to maintain and nurture communication with the community.
Over the difficult times I felt your communication with us was dissapointing. And even now I think you could have a much better communication model
(I find dealing with the Help Desk too slow, but made worse because one can go for ages with no idea of the status of an enquiry).
There is still a lot of support for Trainz in the community. Many of us are older, and come with a modelling background or a love of real trains -
and that makes us "life experienced" and "social" in our nature. In the early days of Trainz that was nurtured in a number of ways - and the Auran people benefitted.
Now N3V-Auran seem to have drifted away from us - and I think that's a shame.
That aside - to those of you who created Trainz, developed Trainz, are developing Trainz - I am extremely grateful and offer my thanks and best wishes.

I'm excited - just like I was that weekend in Brisbane 10 years ago - and the way things are going I'm going to be getting huge doses of stimulation from Trains for at least another 10 years.

I'm celebrating - and i'm off to the Brisbane Model Train Show this weekend.
Cheers
NickE

Well congratulations on your ten year anniversary! I never thought I would be with Trainz as long as I have either, and I would echo your sentiments! Enjoy the show!

Well congratulations on your ten year anniversary! I never thought I would be with Trainz as long as I have either, and I would echo your sentiments! Enjoy the show!

I agree, Ed. I never thought I'd still be using the program either for this long. I remember my first trials just after MSTS came out and I purchased Auran's PaintShed for MSTS. On the box was a link to the early Auran website with talk about the puzzle pieces and how their Trainz program was going to grow using a subscription service. I tried the early demo of Trainz which black-screened with my old ATI 8500. I then watched and waited for a new version to come out. I wanted the program so badly, but was afraid to order anything over the internet back then. I ended up with the Merscom published TRS2004 because it was available at CompUSA and have been hooked ever since. This was a $29.95 investment, not counting another $20 for the FCT which I purchased after my free one ran out.

Nick. I too have a lot to be grateful for. This is one of the biggest escapes anyone can have even with the bugs and annoyances. I too was building an N-Scale layout, but due to circumstances, things didn't work out. When Trainz came a long in my life, I've built a route that only a railroad modeler could ever dream of. :)

I agree N3V could be a bit more communicable, but they are a pretty small shop and are probably very overwhelmed. I work for a very large company and deal with a helpdesk that is worse. With Zec and Aron, have patience. They will get back to you and promptly as soon as they get to your ticket.

John

Congratulations on your 10th Anniversary, mine comes up this year too. I agree with the comments already made.

This Hobby of ours has filled a gap in our lives that at first we thought it could not, nor did we think it would last so long. Many thanks to all involved, the community, the creators, and of course Auran (N3V) who started it all.

Craig
:):):)

hi mates
congrats to everybody
i've been around, on and off, since utc days.
depended if i was away with work and with reach of a pc
could not take mine to go work in the bush
ij the old days families only had 1 pc

cheers
ron

Back