Multiplayer UMR 2013 Summer

I don't thing more needs to be added just yet. As is if there are only about 6 or 7 people who play regularly, add more isn't going to do any good. What I am suggesting is reworking what we all ready have. I mean, as it is now with 4 people running like it was last night for me. I never saw any one. Adding more to this all ready large route is just going to diminish our chances for seeing other players. Now if we had regularly 10, 20, or ever 30 people logged in and running then I could see adding more. But untill that day comes I'd say lets hold of on making UMR any larger. But once again, just my thoughts on the matter.

As a side note though, the idea of MRL added to UMR out of Smithsvill sounds interesting to me.

I sent a message to Neil and it reads like this:

Dear Neil,
I would like to make a sub division for the UMR summer 2013 route. The sub would be for the Carelton Rapid and Pottash Railway with the main industry being the IndustRail Steel Company. It would consist of a large steel mill with new, never seen before blast furnace and steel production building. The complex will be set up to consume coal at the coking plant intern producing HP green coke. The coke will be moved to the blast furnace and combined with iron ore and lime stone to produce molten iron and slag. The molten iron will be move to the steel plant using steel industry torpedo cars and mixed with scrap steel to produce steel ingots and more slag. The slag would be dumped and that would produce smelter waste. The ingots are then move to the rolling plant to make steel coil, plate, beams, and what ever else we think of.
The sub would consist two or three base boards from the original route made into a transfer yard and from there move in maybe 10 or 15 boards with the steel mill and a town for the worker of the steel mill. When I’m finished with it, I would post it to the DLS with only the base boards of the route. Not the hole route so all that would be needed is to delete the 2 or 3 boards at the transfer yard, merge and join the tracks and than include it in the next update. Hope to hear from you soon.
Don Langford (Don49plm)

From Neil:

Sounds interesting Don - I'd like to see your work! Let us all know when it's done and available on the dls!

All the best,

What Do you geys think. I know no one here knows me and thats because I didn't see or have the what to share my routes untell the invent of multiplayer........... So, here's what I'd like to do. make a crossing between Gunnison and Caldwell. A bit of a hill with the IndustRail Steel Company in the mid point. We also need a iron mine and a limestone mine on the map within hauling rang... Want to know what the rest of ya think?

All these ideas for expanding UMR are great but I feel a note of caution is called for before you all start getting carried away. The fact is UMR is already an extremely large, possibly the largest route in Trainz and it is already causing problems not just to individuals but in multiplayer as well. Any further expansion(s) will simply make it worse. I do like theSteelworks idea though. There is one in Port Ogden & Northern and that gives a lot of scope for carrying a large range of commodities.

I'm trying to join the session, however it's giving me errors that there are assets etc.... that are not bulit in or available on download station. Does anyone have any suggestions of beginning where to look?

Thanks!
That statement is incorrect. All the assets are either built in or on the DLS. To solve your problem requires a process of elimination. First go the DLS and look for the sessions by Lewis. Select the bottom one and try to download it. You will either download something or nothing. Now try to join the session. If you still can,t do an extended database repair. Try once more by which time you will hopefully be able to join the session. And if you can,t onto the next step. Which is a post to say you still can,t join. Or you could simply download my session, Port Ogden TS12, lol. But I,m sure we can get you into UMR

That statement is incorrect. All the assets are either built in or on the DLS. To solve your problem requires a process of elimination. First go the DLS and look for the sessions by Lewis. Select the bottom one and try to download it. You will either download something or nothing. Now try to join the session. If you still can,t do an extended database repair. Try once more by which time you will hopefully be able to join the session. And if you can,t onto the next step. Which is a post to say you still can,t join. Or you could simply download my session, Port Ogden TS12, lol. But I,m sure we can get you into UMR

Alternatively, search through the dependencies for lewiscc65's session. You may have to go through several layers of dependencies. For each layer, try to revert or delete/reinstall those dependencies that are locally-modified. Keep going until you end up with a very short list of built-in and co-dependent assets.

I am working on a new version of the session, dubbed "2.0P". This version of the session has two important changes relative to its predecessor:
1) The DD40X locomotives have been removed. The reason is these built-in locomotives create a script bug in Trainz because their bogeys are not in the kuid-table.
2) Several passenger consists have been added to key locations: Grantly, Eso Flats, Travis, Palmer, Ogden, Gunnison (replaced the Surfliner), Blainseville, Millhurst, Halden, and Gladston. With the exception of the two Sounder consists in the Gladston yard, each passenger consist is unique. Not all of them have drivers pre-assigned.

With the permission of Carl, Mike, and Neil, I will post the session on the DLS.

I am working on a new version of the session, dubbed "2.0P". This version of the session has two important changes relative to its predecessor:
1) The DD40X locomotives have been removed. The reason is these built-in locomotives create a script bug in Trainz because their bogeys are not in the kuid-table.
2) Several passenger consists have been added to key locations: Grantly, Eso Flats, Travis, Palmer, Ogden, Gunnison (replaced the Surfliner), Blainseville, Millhurst, Halden, and Gladston. With the exception of the two Sounder consists in the Gladston yard, each passenger consist is unique. Not all of them have drivers pre-assigned.

With the permission of Carl, Mike, and Neil, I will post the session on the DLS.

Consider it granted (from me, at least :wave:)

Been trying to start up a session. And i keep getting an error saying:

288a7f14bbcb2309c8a0bf9350333717.jpg

Yet i have not modified it, or added anything. On top of that, I have everything, some are orange puzzle pieces, but nothing else.

Hi I had same one I think that third party or payware dependencies as USA Pototype Multiplayer Route and Montana Rail Link too!!????

But I can't use Teamspeak Voice Comm, because I am Deaf !!!!

John

Last edited:
Hi I had same one I think that third party or payware dependencies as USA Pototype Multiplayer Route and Montana Rail Link too!!????

But I can't use Teamspeak Voice Comm, because I am Deaf !!!!

John

UMR, USA Pototype Multiplayer Route and Montana Rail Link all use content that is built in or on the DLS. And none of it is third party or payware. Try do a Quick and/or Extended database repair after downloading any of those routes.

And rebel, that's all right, you really aren't missing too much on TS. If you could hear the guys on UMR, its a bunch of old farts making you very hungry by talking about BBQing. And on MRL its us younger guys yapping about our favorite trains. So in that sense, you might be lucky. But there is all ways the in-game chat box that you may use rebel.

Yea I was test on Debrecen-Nyiregyhaza and chat work for me but language :eek: shock me, they need translate to English!!!

I did an extended database repair and broke a dependancy and had to mend it, lol. So a database repair may only be the partial answer. I suggest you try and download the session a second time which will either download a missing dependancy or not do anything. Then try a short database repair. If no joy then the extended one. By which time you should be able to join the session. When you try to join the session you will probably be invited to download missing dependancies as listed and maybe revert some dependancies to original but it,s all done for you so it,s not a big deal. I can confirm all dependancies are either built in or original. No 3rd party or payeware items to be seen. And if you still can,t get in there,s no hope for you, lol. Well, ok there is. Now you need to go into content Manager and look at the dependancies to see if there is a problem. If you need furher help let us know.

Just to add 1 possible yet pretty exotic possible problem to the list that will (or should) also be fixed by what colourlight also wrote in the previous post:
You can have items in your system of a higher kuid then those in the session. This can be the case when a) you are the content creator of some of it or b) when a 3rd party site hosts a never version of the asset then available on the DLS. Both will result in not having missing dependencies but also in not having the same dependencies.

@ Rebel57:
Not everyone speaks English in their MP session and a lot of for example Russian players like the Debrechen route. Dont be surpriced if it will be English or French or whatever next time :); it is the only build-in MP session so a lot of kids who didnt bother downloading more MP stuff play it. Join the general chat (#iTrainz); thats in English most of the time (or at least should be) and if abreviations are used, just ask what they mean; most sane people dont mind explaining without making you feel stuppid.
Hope you soon will enjoy MP.

Tried everything as mentioned above. Still not able to get into the game to start a session, or to join one.

Tried everything as mentioned above. Still not able to get into the game to start a session, or to join one.

Id say with the amount of custom content you have, that might be the root cause of the issue. You may have modified some thing that is needed for the route or session on your end and that may be the problem. I would all most say try joining on a second clean install of TRS12.

Id say with the amount of custom content you have, that might be the root cause of the issue. You may have modified some thing that is needed for the route or session on your end and that may be the problem. I would all most say try joining on a second clean install of TRS12.

Sounds good working on making a new install on another harddrive. Hopefully this will work.

I have this problem as well. I downloaded the new payware version of Marias Pass. Many items were updated by the author but there are not on the dsl in their newest form. So I get the same notice when trying to join a multiplayer game. Wouldn't be surprised if this can happen to any dependencies that were builtin to an earlier version of Trainz where its been update but on a site other than the DSL.

Rob

Back