Problems downloading updates.

Its2Crazy

Hi, im fairly new to this game but have been trying to downlaod the updates for it is it normal for them to only run at
5-10 kbps?

i have a 100mbps internet connection and this is so slow im seriously considering uninstalling the game due to this.

if this is ment to be this way im retruning for a refund this is total B.S

Hi, im fairly new to this game but have been trying to downlaod the updates for it is it normal for them to only run at
5-10 kbps?

i have a 100mbps internet connection and this is so slow im seriously considering uninstalling the game due to this.

if this is ment to be this way im retruning for a refund this is total B.S

Do you have a First Class Ticket?

This speed is about right for either an inactive FCT or not having one at all.

If you have one, you need to activate it if you've just purchased it. Sometimes you get them free for a few month with a purchase of Trainz, but you still have to activate those too.

If you don't have one, I recommend getting one. They're $25 per year and worth more than the cost. You'll have full speed with unlimted downloads. With the free access, you're limited to 100MB per day and you get the speeds you're seeing now.

John

Last edited:
i dont have it atm. so your saying 5-10 kbps is normal ?
what kind of speeds would i get with the FCT ? coz if i buy that and still get slow speeds ill jump up and down.

thanks for the info. not exactly what i wanted to hear...
in this day and age 5-10kbps is rubish. even for a free download.

that means its gonner take me a week to download the 530 updates the game wants to download.

Last edited:
You don't want to jump up and down! You'll go through the floor and end up in... Oh wait wasn't that Rumple-stilt-skin? :hehe:

I see on average 300KBS or faster and steady with bursts of faster speed. It all then depends upon your upper end and not the little trickle speed of the free access. I've downloaded gigabytes of assets and updates with no problem at all with mine. As I said though, when you get it you have to activate it in your Planet Auran profile, otherwise you'll have the ticket sitting there but won't see anything more than the 5-10kbs speed.

John

thanks mate. ill look in to it .. just a shame they cap us this way they could at leaste offer 50kbps. being taken back to dialup isnt much fun at all.

It can depend on the time of day & your broadband speed, when downloading
from the dls between 10pm & midnight on a weekday I often get speeds
between 30 & 60kbps (and they have been over a 100kbps at times), & I don't
have a fct, I only use the slow server, I also have a BT Infinity 76MB fibre optic connection.

just a shame they cap us this way they could at leaste offer 50kbps. being taken back to dialup isnt much fun at all.
Keep in mind that you dont have to sit in front of your PC waiting for the updates to finish. Just go into the game, click "download all", minimize that thing and go play.
Most, if not all, of those updates are detail / graphical updates and you can perfectly play without having them all yet. Not having them will only prevent you from playing multiplayer in the event of that using a not updates asset.

I've just downloaded a couple of loco's in no time at all, remember this is without a fct & using the
'Download Helper' (CM3.3) option on the 'Black Pages'..... note the download speed. :D

speed.jpg

just got a FCT how do i activeate it ? i been charged but no emails as yet and this being my first one im not sure how to do it .... please help :)

just got a FCT how do i activeate it ? i been charged but no emails as yet and this being my first one im not sure how to do it .... please help :)

You need to click on the "Planet Auran" button at the top of this forum page, this takes you to your profile page. In the links on the left, in the section Trainz, click on Download Tickets, scroll down until you see your paid-for tickets and click on the link "Activate"

Ken

You need to click on the "Planet Auran" button at the top of this forum page, this takes you to your profile page. In the links on the left, in the section Trainz, click on Download Tickets, scroll down until you see your paid-for tickets and click on the link "Activate"

Ken

Thanks heaps :) found it :cool:

EDIT: now getting 4-5 mbps ... much better :D

Last edited:
Lucky you. I have a nice DSL that gives me around 2-3Mbps on any source EXCEPT Trains DLS. There, I get only 150K if I'm lucky. They have some throttling going on here to the States and would sure like to know why.

Bill

Back