CAB Mode Driving Tip - Diesel Locomotives

P = I * E
E = I * R
Substitute I * R for E gives the equation...........P = I * I * R....
P = I>2 R
Too bad Frank's not around any more,.........................I'd just love getting goody points from him!

Apologize for waking up this old thread, but I was feeling mathematical this eve...................

I feel like I'm back in engineering classes again!

If anyone can help? I'm having trouble with my traction motors, I go for maybe 1 hour then all my units say "Traction motor short-time shutdown" then all stop and I can't move. My train is over powered I think 3 on the head, 2 mid, and 2 on the rear. I've not had this problem before and I'm at a loss. I'd love any advise.

how to enable cab sounds

Hi
I want to enable cab sounds i.e throttle lever sound,reverser lever sound etc plzz tell m how i can enable these sounds.

I have ge ac6000 cab
I opened it for edit in explorer
Then there is sound file which includes all sounds in .wav format. Still sounds are not enable in cab. Plzzz tell me how i can enable it????

If anyone can help? I'm having trouble with my traction motors, I go for maybe 1 hour then all my units say "Traction motor short-time shutdown" then all stop and I can't move. My train is over powered I think 3 on the head, 2 mid, and 2 on the rear. I've not had this problem before and I'm at a loss. I'd love any advise.

My apologies for the delay.

On prototypical locomotives, the ammeter used to have yellow and red sections, indicating not to use that much power for more than the time limit. If the engineer did, the traction motors would overheat and could be damaged. I suspect this function might be automated in today's units.

The solution is to watch the ammeter and not let it go too high for too long. If you still have problems, you might need to add MORE units, not less.

How big is the train you're operating?

Does the ammeter only work correctly in realistic mode? In easy mode, I have noticed that it usually doesn't register anything or is working but backwards (in the yellow). Is there xml code somewhere that can change the characteristics?

Does the ammeter only work correctly in realistic mode? In easy mode, I have noticed that it usually doesn't register anything or is working but backwards (in the yellow). Is there xml code somewhere that can change the characteristics?

As far as I know, the Ammeter in DCC mode cannot be changed to behave like if it was in "cab" mode.

My apologies for the delay.

On prototypical locomotives, the ammeter used to have yellow and red sections, indicating not to use that much power for more than the time limit. If the engineer did, the traction motors would overheat and could be damaged. I suspect this function might be automated in today's units.

The solution is to watch the ammeter and not let it go too high for too long. If you still have problems, you might need to add MORE units, not less.

How big is the train you're operating?

Any idea what the time limit may be? - the only locomotive that I have seen give this warning is the ES44AC range with the "glass cockpit".

Back