PRR Chautauqua Branch WIP

Very Very Very Impressive - Better workmanship than Derrmy, IMHO
Can't wait to see this beauty.
Wish I knew where you got the PRR GPs with front coronas and the PRR Caboose along with the E-Units.
My favorite railroad livery.

Loving the shots ray! I didn't know PRR had a yard in Franklin! And what year were the tracks headed towards tionesta torn up? Early Conrail era?

Very Very Very Impressive - Better workmanship than Derrmy, IMHO
Can't wait to see this beauty.
Well thank you very much for the kind words mcguirel.:wave: My style of work is similar to Dermmy and gfisher.

Wish I knew where you got the PRR GPs with front coronas and the PRR Caboose along with the E-Units.
My favorite railroad livery.
The GP's are my skin work and are available at VMD and the "hack" is on the DLS under prr NE caboose I think. The E's are actually F's skinned to look like E's. I did this until some good quality E-units show up some day. :) My favorite also!

Last edited:
Loving the shots ray! I didn't know PRR had a yard in Franklin! And what year were the tracks headed towards tionesta torn up? Early Conrail era?
Thanks Justin. Yep, Pennsy had a yard there right along Rt 322 going towards Seneca and Cranberry. The end for the Allegheny Branch (Pittsburgh to Oil City) came in the mid 1980's - 84 or 85. The Salamanca Branch through Tionesta,Warren (Oil City - Salamanca) was torn up in stages. When the Kinzua dam was built in the 1960's that vally and the tracks in it were the first to go and the vally was flooded. The line stayed open to Warren as the "Oil City Secundary" until around the mid 1980's also.:)

Last edited:
Nice work, sir!

Especially the shot with the kitbashed FMA factory building and the bridge with the FMA rail guard...
Speaking of which... If you use the 25m version instead of the 5m version, you wont have those gaps in the guardrail.
:)

Keep up your great work, your trackwork is very nice!

Thanks for the encouraging reply Isegrinns. Your route work inspires me to work a bit harder on my own. :)

Work continues on the South end of the route... kinda, sorta starting to look like somthing more than track and trees. And so the saga continues...

Screen_2428.jpg

Screen_2437.jpg

Screen_2438.jpg

Screen_2440.jpg

Screen_2442.jpg

Screen_2447.jpg

Screen_2451.jpg

Screen_2452.jpg

I was going to comment on these great screenshots ... but I gasped so hard, that I choked on my own tongue.

Is this NY State, or PA ?

It looks alot like the Sunbury line north, Harrisburg to Williamsport

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments Isegrinns & guys.

@jcalmx: I finally got around to taking them for a spin. At long last, the correct steam power on this route. :)

@cascade: Thanks, yeah it's actually part of the PRR Allegheny branch. A place called Franklin, just about 8 mi. south of Oil City Pa. And approx. 120 mi. north of Pittsburgh. Anyways,.. it's in good ol' Pa.

@WAB: Me too! (hehe, made mine smoke alot more though) :D

Screen_2458.jpg

Screen_2463.jpg

Screen_2464.jpg

Screen_2467.jpg

Screen_2468.jpg

Screen_2469.jpg

Last edited:
Always a pleasure to see more screenshots.
The one with the abandoned track is awesome!
Quick question: whats that asset with the "Miller" name on it? Not the station/shed, the one on the right.
Thanks and keep posting, sir!

Always a pleasure to see more screenshots.
The one with the abandoned track is awesome!
Quick question: whats that asset with the "Miller" name on it? Not the station/shed, the one on the right.
Thanks and keep posting, sir!

Thanks! The asset is a PRR Block Station (Rule293) that Zak (Zaabb62) was kind enough to make for me awile back. This was the type of signal/control that PRR used on this line. I was hoping he would release them on the ECT website but now that it's closed I'm not sure whats happening. Here's a better look. :)
octls2_20120829_0000.jpg

blklim1.jpg

That signal just sticking up, out of the ground seems to need some sort of support base for wiring, or control box/support

Hehe, Yep it would definately look better to the eye if there was a footer. The Pennsy may have poured concrete footers for them once they were electrified (Not entirely sure of the time period electrification occurred- 1920's? -30's maybe?) But, just remember these started out as oil burning lamps in the late 1800's so The PRR just may have pounded a pipe or 4x4 in the ground and said good enough. ;)

Boy, this sure looks like a fine route. I have been a Pennsy fan for sometime. I had a Pennsy HO setup in a house I use to live in, but no longer have room for one. I particularly like the steam locos. Your work is very artistic. I look forward to this route!

Beautiful pictures octls2 I have been a Pennsy fan most of my life since I was born and raised outside of Philly. One question, how do you do your rivers/water? I am working on the Cambria and Clearfield division of the PRR, a big undertaking and am nowhere near your level. Also I love prewar PRR steam (to bad K&L is mostly post war) :(

Back