PRR Chautauqua Branch WIP

Just a little update on progress after a month or so of no progress at all due to some unexpected health issues. I have another five miles or so mostly completed ("RD"-Rouseville to "Petro" Petroleum Centre) Along with swapping out numerous textures with some better new higher res ones. I'm also toying with the idea of releasing this route in two stages. That way I can get something out before the end of the year and then finish the rest at a more relaxed pace. As always, any thoughts opinions are appreciated!

Train 980 breaks the silence of a quiet Saturday afternoon in the small Farm town of Hydetown.
Screen_2322.jpg

Screen_2323.jpg

Train 981 heads northbound through "Petro"
Screen_2325.jpg

PRR Train ES-1 Pulls out of the Rouse running track onto the Main and across the bridge @ Columbia Farm.
Screen_2332.jpg

Northbound ES-1 Rounds the 9 degree curve and ducts under the high voltage lines @ Columbia Farm.
Screen_2333.jpg

Screen_2334.jpg

Train ES-1 Rumbles through Petroleum Centre along the west bank of oil creek doing track speed.
Screen_2335.jpg

Thanks much guys!

@cascaderailroad: Yes sir, It's a DEM not to mention built from the original Pennsy track charts. :D

WOW..these shots are high quality and the routes looks so enjoyable , thankfully I don't have to choose the best shot !

I hope that farmer on the red tractor remembers to lift his implement before he takes off ....:)

*snip-snip*
ray do you know the story behind this picture? its at the oil city round house
Hi Justin, I've seen this picture many times and I know I have the story behind the incident in one of my many books from the area. My memory fails me at the moment on the details of what happened. I'm thinking it had somthing to do with a flying switch move and a cracked open throttle. I'll see what I can dig up on it for you. (Maybe I should model this on my route, ehh?) ;)

WOW..these shots are high quality and the routes looks so enjoyable , thankfully I don't have to choose the best shot !

I hope that farmer on the red tractor remembers to lift his implement before he takes off ....:)

Thank you for the very kind words! And yes, I think it will be a fun one to run when finished. I'll make sure to warn that farmer of the pending "CRUNCH" factor! :eek: Someone should put a sign up as a warning. :hehe:

A few pics of the Pennsy K4 on passenger train 980 south as it makes a flag stop @ Hydetown and then continues south to Titusville.
Screen_2354.jpg

Screen_2355.jpg

Screen_2356.jpg

Screen_2357.jpg

Screen_2358.jpg

Screen_2359.jpg

Looks great, sir!

Would change the telegraph- and powerlines, sadly 10 & 12 seem to be unable to handle the awesomness of Georges splines.
:)

Keep those screenshots coming!

Looks great, sir!

Would change the telegraph- and powerlines, sadly 10 & 12 seem to be unable to handle the awesomness of Georges splines.

Keep those screenshots coming!

Thanks Isegrinns. Yeah, I've been meaning to try and find some different telegraph poles. It's hard to give up on gfisher's tried 'n true content thats for sure. Just wish the alphas looked better in ts10 & 12. I really appreciate the honest suggestion though! :) Now off look for some poles.

Welcome!

Suggestions: users Eurostar made a bunch. Some of Tume work okay also.
Also got some italian thingies of which I dont know the name of the creator.
A search for "tele" in the splines department might bringt them up.
For powerlines I suggest russian splines. "A LEP something", ie. Search for LEP.
Hope it helps.
And yeah, I share your feelings. Love Georges stuff.

Cheers from germany!

Welcome!

Suggestions: users Eurostar made a bunch. Some of Tume work okay also.
Also got some italian thingies of which I dont know the name of the creator.
A search for "tele" in the splines department might bringt them up.
For powerlines I suggest russian splines. "A LEP something", ie. Search for LEP.
Hope it helps.
And yeah, I share your feelings. Love Georges stuff.

Cheers from germany!

Thanks much for the suggestions!

After a bit of searching I think I managed to track down most if not all of the items you mentioned. I found I had Eurostar's items already installed and may just go with them. First I'm going to take a look at the other items that you mentioned to see what fits the look of the route the best.
Again, thanks a ton for the help & suggestion Isegrinns :wave:

Continued,...
Screen_2402.jpg

Screen_2404.jpg

Screen_2414.jpg

A bit of work done on the NYC (DAV&P) "Vally Branch to Titusville.
Screen_2403.jpg

Screen_2376.jpg

And I finally started on the southern most point that I plan on going to. I thought the PRR Franklin Pa. Yard on the Allegheny Branch to Pittsburgh would be a good point to end at with the fairly long (2mi.) Yard they had there.
Screen_2418.jpg

Screen_2421.jpg

venango_Franklin_02.jpg

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Back