PRR Chautauqua Branch WIP

octls2

Hello all,

Well,.. I think I finally have this project far enough along to start it's own thread and share some shots. I've spent the last month working on some rather large areas and hope to get it close to completion before the world ends at the end of the year. ;)
Feel free one and all to post your cheers and jeers.. any feedback is good feedback.

Screen_2162_3.jpg

Screen_2169.jpg

Northbound Pennsy coal drag enters TV block @ Drake well near Titusville Pa.
Screen_2174.jpg

Southbound local passing Ringway Rd. @ Hydetown Pa.
Screen_2176.jpg

Farm crossing near Titusville country club.
Screen_2180.jpg

Passing the Kerr mill @ Titusville.
Screen_2188.jpg

Southbound passing the Hunt farm @ track speed.
Screen_2195.jpg

The local holds in the passing siding @ Titusville while the coal drag passes on the main.
Screen_2210.jpg

A Pittsburgh bound manifest holds track 2 @ RH while the northbound coal drag slides into the running track. The OC-2 switch job is tying things up on track 1. The Allegheny River is just to the right of the tree line.
Screen_2213.jpg

The NYC Reno branch local @ the depot in Oil City on the North side of the Allegheny River.

Last edited:
Great work! It's nice to see more Pennsy routes being made! *brohoof* :udrool::mop:

And the rest....

Screen_2214.jpg

The NYC local crosses Pa state route 8 as it leaves the Oil City Depot.
Screen_2219.jpg

Screen_2220.jpg

Yard job OC-3 switches the large Pennzoil refinery located in Rouseville Pa. Quaker State also has a large refinery one mile to the south.
Screen_2223.jpg

Screen_2224.jpg

A meet @ Rynd Farm and the Route 8 bridge.
Screen_2226.jpg

Both the Erie RR and the NYC entered Oil City on the north/west side of town along the Allegheny River.
Screen_2228.jpg

Today's NYC local exits the tunnel with a GP7/C430 combo.
Screen_2233.jpg

Screen_2234.jpg

Screen_2235.jpg

The water treatment plant greets the northbound train along with a meet @ RH tower located on the east bank of the Allegheny River entering Oil City from the south.

Last edited:
Great work! It's nice to see more Pennsy routes being made! *brohoof* :udrool::mop:
Thanks man! Yeah, I'm also glad to see all the interest in the mighty Pennsy lately.

Ray, I love these shots, and it's close to home lol, is your 7 shot down at Titusville?

Hey Justin, Thanks bud. Yup, you guessed it. I was in such a hurry earlier I forgot to label anything. Fixed it so you might recognize a few more.:)

I thought it looked familiar, my friend that lives in titusville and i walked around and i walked up some of the abandoned rail beds to go to wal*mart so that's were i saw kerr mill, i cant wait for this route, i love it! just one question what are you using for a reference on the abandoned parts? there cant be very many pictures of this route in its hay day on the web.

just one question what are you using for a reference on the abandoned parts? there cant be very many pictures of this route in its hay day on the web.

Unfortunately, No there is not... At least, very few photo's that are published and shared with the public anyway. I have managed to collect alot of info through the years here and there and about half from private sources and some local books that were published. There's some stuff available on the web but, you have to look in some obscure places to find it. I pretty much use the photo's for close up details. Also I have a few hours of old 8mm home movies from the line in the 50's to work with as it all helps at some point.

As far as the RR grade goes... I use 1940's & 50's aerial surveyor photo's to locate and place scenery, trees,roads,etc..etc... and not to mention, I've hiked & biked the line/grade from Clymer, Ny to Emlenton, Pa.
And probably the most important thing I use is the actual PRR track charts to do such things as.. mile posts, actual grade %, all track & switches, actual curve radius, track speeds & restrictions, phone box locations,detectors, and so on. I don't know how anyone doing a prototype route works without them. Anyways,.. Yeah, I keep thing pretty prototypical... :eek::eek:

A few more shots I forgots to post before.

Screen_2168.jpg

PRR Vally Yard and Roundhouse in Oil City. ^
Screen_2218.jpg

A stranger on the south side of town..
Screen_2229.jpg

Erie RR crossing looking north on Petroleum Street in Oil City.

Last edited:
Ray my friend, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't wait for this route

Thanks again bud! You're definitely on the list for testing when the time comes. (maybe sooner than later if I get most of the texturing done I might need someone to take 'er for a spin.)

Thanks again bud! You're definitely on the list for testing when the time comes. (maybe sooner than later if I get most of the texturing done I might need someone to take 'er for a spin.)
Sweet! Thanks ray! I'm really pumped for it!

Last edited:
The OC&TRR runs on this branch right now if I'm correct?
A little unrelated but if there ever was a time where I wished N8PHU's alcos would come out of beta it's now. Those are a very nice NYC C430 and PRR C628 I see in those pictures.

Looks great!
:)

Thanks much Isegrinns!

The OC&TRR runs on this branch right now if I'm correct?
A little unrelated but if there ever was a time where I wished N8PHU's alcos would come out of beta it's now. Those are a very nice NYC C430 and PRR C628 I see in those pictures.

Yup, you are correct, at least 13.5 miles of it anyway. I'm also working on a OC&T route on the side burner. Yeah, I'd love to see those mlw m420's make an appearance some day. :D I certainly thank N8phu for the Alco's he's done so far though! Starting to think we'll never see a decent high quality Alco S-series though. Guess I'll wait and see what shakes out in the future.

Thanks for the comment! :)

ray, what is the four windshield alco/emd looking locomotive oc&t runs now a days too pull freight?
80301702071006713.jpg

Last edited:
Back