PRR Chautauqua Branch WIP

oh ive been meaning to ask were did you find those early TOFC cars? ive been looking for some and beautiful screenshots btw

Mr. octls, you have a great masterpiece of the art that is Trainz route building on your hands here! Bravo, good sir! :cool:

I've used several of your screenies as desktop/lappy backgrounds in the past, and I absolutely adore this creation of yours.

I truly hope you don't mind, but I'm having another dense moment and I've got a couple questions I'd like to ask whilst I'm lurking around here.

1) Is this route for TS2010? Please tell me it is; I wanna haz trainz to run on it! :eek::hehe:

2) I seem to remember you mentioning something about this, but is this the same line that the modern-day Oil Creek and Titusville runs on partly?

Like I said, I' currently in the middle of a brain-not-working moment, and I guess I should ask before I make a fool out of myself, right? :hehe: Feel free to ignore me though; mere mortals such as myself have no business bothering the likes of you!

Those are simulatortrain's flats that he used to have on MGTrainz. I'm not sure if he plans to re-release them any time soon. (Hopefully he will. they are some of my favorite cars)

Mr. octls, you have a great masterpiece of the art that is Trainz route building on your hands here! Bravo, good sir! :cool:

I've used several of your screenies as desktop/lappy backgrounds in the past, and I absolutely adore this creation of yours.

I truly hope you don't mind, but I'm having another dense moment and I've got a couple questions I'd like to ask whilst I'm lurking around here.

1) Is this route for TS2010? Please tell me it is; I wanna haz trainz to run on it! :eek::hehe:

2) I seem to remember you mentioning something about this, but is this the same line that the modern-day Oil Creek and Titusville runs on partly?

Like I said, I' currently in the middle of a brain-not-working moment, and I guess I should ask before I make a fool out of myself, right? :hehe: Feel free to ignore me though; mere mortals such as myself have no business bothering the likes of you!

Hi sawyer811,

Sorry I missed your comment. I was a little on the sleepy side last evening. Wow! You have flattered me. I'm glad to hear there's a few more fans of the route. Thank you.

Answer:

1) Yes, 10 native mode all the way. I'm also using alot of dls content for ts12 that i back dated the trainz build #. (Hopefully that's not an issue for most using 10)

2) Yes and no... Some of the line is, between Titusville Pa. (MP120.1) and Rouseville Pa. (MP 133.4) North of Titusville to Corry Pa. was abandoned by Conrail in the late 70's.

(That last part made me laugh) Feel free to bother anytime. I put my shirts on one leg at a time like everyone else. :) I hope you get your trainz back on track soon!

ray, Adam (simulatortrain) is making some new pennsy tofc flats. they are pretty sweet.

Thanks Justin for the heads up. I love his old one's so I'm sure the new ones will be out standing!

The OP only has TS2010 as the latest version, so I think you're in luck good buddy!
Thanks for answering that for me good sir.:)

I cannot wait for this route! Awesome work, I can almost feel the PRR vibes and I wasn't even raised in PA. I do have to ask, where did you get those awesome Erie F-units, the Bangor & Aroostook GP unit, and the awesome NYC Alcos? This is so going on my list of routes to download, and there's two or three on there already!

Cool, thanks. :) Good, That's the vibe I'm going for with a lot of thanks going to Zak from ECT for making all the great PRR line side content. All the engines are my skins. They may be released at some point down the line after obtaining proper permissions on my part. Hopefully the route will be finished and release sometime in the new year.

I sure hope you can release the Erie units......................I really like that scheme! Sorry if I'm going crazy, I just really like how some schemes just fit perfectly on certain engines.

Which kind of raises a question in my mind, what is the drop-dead date or version for a route? When a route is newly released, it is going to get a lot of posts discussing the route and looking for dependencies and people seeking support. As time passes those posts are going to thin out and die because the issues have been figured out, the questions answered, and the screenshots posted. Does that mean 12 years later it is a dead issue? Can a person not ask if it is still available? There are a ton of routes that have been announced on this forum that have slipped back in the pages of the past. When is someone no longer allowed to ask about it? (Granted, this thread maybe should be in the freeware or payware sections, but a lot of route builders seem to post here instead).

Well now you got me curious. Even with the "Photobucket" slapped across all the images on the first page it looks like a nice route that could maybe be updated. :unsure:

Sorry I am late, but yeah I'll have to agree with BlackDiamond1964, the route did look beautiful shame it wasn't released.
an update on this route,
Ray (OCTLS2) was a good friend of mine, we would often hang out in person.
in 2015 we hung out and he was having health problems. after that he totally disappeared off the face of the planet, he's still alive but just not involved with anything.
I call his phone every now and again to see if its still on.
but this route will most likely never be finished.
so no need bringing back a dead thread.

Last edited:
Back