Lost my Route... Any Chance I could get it back?

Inn

Mr.Inn
Hey guys,

I checked my CMP, I deleted my route last night because I got too drunk when I was working on (I'm 22 years old) I'm not quite sure what happened but I was wondering if there was a way I could get it back? I checked to see if auto-save was turned on.. It's not..

It's not a big lost, but I was curious because I been working 1 year on it so far.. It was basically merging all the routes togethor and making a commuter rail system (Anyways, If you could help me get it back, that would be awesome)

Cheers
David G

Better call the ATSB (Auran Transportation Safety Board). Drinking and Trainz can be dangerous :hehe:

Seriously, Although it might be possible, the likelihood of getting it back is doubtful. When I'm working on a route, I usually save under progressive names as I'm working on it so that if I lose a version, I can always revert back to the last good save. Maybe someone will have a good idea although I haven't seen much luck at it here on the forums.

Mike

So long as you do NOT run an EDR then your map will still be there in the backup and the trash folders. Have you never wondered why 12 gets so huge on the HDD. A bog standard Windows search in the Trainz folder will find it in a jiffy. :wave:

Were is the Trash Folder? Lol Seems dumb but I have no idea... Like it's not in the trash area (My regular Trash folder) What? ><

Take a look for a file route called AutoSave. This is the route that you have been working on last usually.

I'm afraid if it's not in Trash delete means delete, unless you have a file recovery program, however these are often not much use if you have used the PC after deleting something, as it may well have been overwritten permanently. The Trash Folder is something to do with faulty assets and not a backup although deleted stuff can occasionally end up in there. TS12 does have a backup folder which usually does have a copy of most things you have been using or downloading during the day.

If you want to try a file recovery program, this one is supposed to be OK http://www.piriform.com/recuva

David,

Try the backup folder.

C:\Auran\TS12\UserData\backups OR wherever you've installed trains. This happens to be the path where I have my TS12 loaded on my machine.

Hey guys,

I deleted my route last night because I got too drunk

Cheers
David G

I admire total honesty, good lad. No pitiful excuses.
Main reason why I don't go near mine on saturday or sunday evenings.:udrool:

Back