Surveyor Maps Aren't Saving :(

jackspencer

Hi guys,

Another problem I have with surveyor. I have recently been making a few maps in surveyor and on multiple occasions, the maps haven't saved, therefore, not allowing me to go into driver mode. On the rare occasion where the map does actually save, it only saves temporarily and isn't there when I next open Trainz. It's like it is only stored for if I keep Trainz and my computer ON constantly (for example, it will stay if i go onto another route, then go back to it but doesn't stay if Trainz is closed.

Another point I should mention is that content I download through download manager and first class pass doesn't seem to save either.:confused:

Re the content you download. Do a search in cm, built in=false, under that location=local. This should bring up anything you've downloaded, you can then check them for missing deps etc which is maybe why you can't use them.

I'm guessing you are running Win7 Home premium?

If you are you ideally needed to install patch and run as administrator, if you use the default install, this is due to Microsoft restricting permissions in program files and things don't always save, or rather they do but in some obscure place Microsoft decides, which is of no use to Trainz.

See here if not sure how to set up a program to run as administrator http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php?page=running-as-administrator

Note running an admin account does not work in Win7 HP as it's been crippled, you have to set it up for each program you wish to run as admin.

When I first encountered that problem after creating a route with TransDEM, I was totally confused; scratched my noggin and let loose a tirade of spittle and sailoresque epitaphs at NV3.
After a cold brew to cool down my tempermental engine, I opened CMP and looked under 'Installed' to find my route. There it was! I opened it from CMP, and immediately created a 'Session'. It always showed up in Surveyor after that.

Back