Does changing the version of a route down actually work?

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
Hi Guys,

I've read in various threads here when people ask about bringing a route into TS2010 that was created in TS12 to do this. I've never seen a response back if this works, so I was wondering if this really does the trick.

The reason why I'm asking is I want to do some merging on my route, however due to an unfixed severe crash when merging, I am unable to do this in TS12. I don't want to waste my time reinstalling TS2010 only to not have this work.

I don't care if there are missing dependencies listed in TS2010. I will not delete missing items in TS2010, I only want to use the merge function. Once my merge is done, I'll just export my route again, and import it back into TS12.

Thanks,

John

I haven't done it myself but I have sent a route built in TS12 to someone with TS2010 and they have confirmed that 'dialing' back the build does indeed work.

Cheers,
PFX

I tried changing version numbers to backdate a 2010 route to work on 2009 SP4, and found it was apparently missing too many built-in assets from 2010.

It worked when I tried it on my route, backdating from TS12 to 2010, was curious to see if it actually worked as 2010 to 2009 didn't, In this case it did, most of it was still intact and working.

Thanks guys. This is what I want to hear. :)

I don't care about the route working. I just want to merge things into it. I won't delete missing assets so I should be good on that front.

John

Back