CN Flint Sub V1: Flint to E lansing

BDP

Searchlight Studios
Hi everybody,
I want to anounce that me and a few others are building the CN Flint Sub.
I just started on Durand Today screenies to come later.

Ah sounds very exciting... You now have one person that will stop in here and look all the time lol

Ive got those dem files that where sent to me. They go from Port Huron to East Lansing. Before my computer kinda went out on me I started working my way west from Port Huron. Ill be getting a new computer and detailed track diagrams of the whole CN Flint Sub soon.

Okay guys......really? This is troubling because so many announced routes end up this way. In the span of four posts, we have the announcement, and the enthusiasm, and then the inevitable "I'll be getting a new computer soon" posts.

Maybe, just maybe; don't announce unless you really have something built, and screenshots to prove it!

Pretty please?

Okay guys......really? This is troubling because so many announced routes end up this way. In the span of four posts, we have the announcement, and the enthusiasm, and then the inevitable "I'll be getting a new computer soon" posts.

Maybe, just maybe; don't announce unless you really have something built, and screenshots to prove it!

Pretty please?

If you read the user names, you might notice that BDP said hes working on one part of the line. Then 817TAYLOR and Enzo1 chimed in with their comments. Then I added my $0.02 saying that I too am working on it, but have been having computer issues.

BBBBBUUUUUTTTTTTT.......here are a few screen shots I have from just out side of Port Huron. There's not much as I am just putting in mainlines now.

An eastbound pass's under I-69. I need to find a better highway to use. And a bridge.
Jib228_20120424_0005.jpg

Some shots of an eastbound cresting a small hill. I know most of this line is level, for the most part. But there are many small hills like this along the line, and I am trying to simulate that.
Jib228_20120424_0001.jpg

Jib228_20120424_0002.jpg

Jib228_20120424_0003.jpg

But work is moving slowly, as I said I need a new computer, and will be getting it soon. (Waiting on my tax return) Until I get that new computer I have to take it easy on how much I build. (As I am typing this I am looking at my bank account online and it shows that my return is pending and I should have that new PC on order in a few days.)

Last edited:
Flint Sub? Hmmm. I have Tunnel Yard, PH&D Tappan Yard, Tappan, Almont Jct, PH&D's Route all done... just adding the scenery right now. All to scale as best as I can get with Google Earth, Topos, and good ole triangulation measurements.
71344801.jpg

Griswold Ave and C&O Saginaw Sub in the foreground with GTW Flint Sub distant.
71344803.jpg

Flint Sub looking west from I-94 overpass. C&O (ex Pere Marquette) Saginaw Sub from left to right.
71334878.jpg

71344804.jpg

Tunnel Yard is the base for my routes from there. PH&D, Mt. Clemens Sub, Romeo Sub, and C&O Subs all going out of the Port Huron area. If you are building a large route it does take forever to make and also it is a pain sometimes because they crash due to all the content in them. More screen caps here: http://www.panoramio.com/user/1064424 Good luck on your route. I have gone as far west as Goodells on the Flint Sub. It is a higher point on the line, with the Pine River flowing through it. Keep us posted.

Back