Idyllic English country branch terminus: Asburton

At last, I'm going to upload this route to the DLS (if it'll go), so I'll be starting a new release thread under Freeware Announcements.

Can't believe we've got this far! Thanks for everyone's feedback on this thread.

Paul

My release thread for the Ashburton-Windrush route provides technical info and any Q&A: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...-Windrush-Railway-release&highlight=ashburton

This thread should be used for any large format screenshots (which I encourage people to post!)

Here's some more from me:

04Ashburton.jpg

06Steamingupthebranch.jpg

08Autocoachinopencountry.jpg

10AutocoachatWindmillEnd.jpg

16RoundingtheWindrushcurve.jpg

Paul

I hadn't even realised they were the scenery ones so they should help with the frame rates. They take the same texture file as the ordinary ones so are you going to release normal versions as well?

Thanks John

You know John, I hadn't even thought of that - I was very focused on a particular location (refuge siding at Windmill End) where I needed some scenery wagons that were suitably weathered. If you're happy, I could try and release some weathered traincar wagons too?

Paul

You know John, I hadn't even thought of that - I was very focused on a particular location (refuge siding at Windmill End) where I needed some scenery wagons that were suitably weathered. If you're happy, I could try and release some weathered traincar wagons too?

Paul

I'm happy just copy the texture file over, they were designed specially that way to give two assets for one reskin texture file. The meshes for the most part are identical with identical mapping only the bogies are different.

Cheerio John

Thanks John. I'm tempted to try again from scratch as these were my first efforts at weathering and I'm hoping I can do better next time!

Paul

Paul

Did you ever get round to upleading the weathered vans? Both scenery and rolling stock?

Thanks John

Back