Full Listing of my tutorials as of 20/03/2012

I would also suggest as a secondary measure setting the Trainz shortcut to run as administrator - I'm hoping to release an update to my Permission Generating Tool to semi-automate this process.

Regarding locking up, this may not be a permissions issue, but a disk read issue. Same with the loading issue, although that may be due to the fact that Windows 7 requires more power than Windows XP.

The 'read only' issue crops up for me as well. It's something to do with the autosave session and it having problems writing the asset.

As for that tickbox, N3V removed it in TS12 SP1.

Shane

Thanks. Which "exe" do I set as "run as administrator"?

And

Do you know perchance, when they removed the checkbox, is it now permanently checked? unchecked? or controllable somewhere else?

It's advisable to set all .exe files in the Trainz folder to run as administrator, however I'm planning an update later on today for the Permission Generating Tool to address this.

Shane

Hi Shane

Do you have a tutorial for UPLOADING assests or routes to DLS?:confused:

I know that this is explained in brief via Content manager 3.7, and on the Auran site, but when I tried to upload a route yesterday it seemed to function but there was no email to confirm receipt from NV3 so now I wonder what has happened.

Is there anything special to do apart from loading the route into the Upload box in Content manager?

Thanks, and thanks for all your other very valuable contributions and tutorials for Trainz. Really appreciated!

pdwood

From what I've gathered, there have been some problems with N3V's email system, as another user has reported that they were not getting emails regarding missing dependencies.

Shane

Back