Advice required concerning CM3.3

BLACKWATCH

Mechanical Engineer
I have read lots about how it works & have downloaded an asset, I have repaired items with missing
dependancies and generaly got to grips with how it all works (very new to CM ), but I would like to know this ...........

If I have say kuid2:12345:6789:1, but it says 'Obsolete' because I also have kuid2:12345:6789:2, am I ok to
just delete the 'Obsolete' one, or am I better 'Archiving' then deleting ?

It's a bit complex when it comes to dealing with obsoletes.

Some obsoletes are built-in - you cannot delete these as it will not let you.

As for the non-built in ones, I've deleted some without any problems, but be aware that if the newer version turns out to be a faulty fix, you may not be able to download the obsolete version.

Shane

Thanks Shane, best to make an archive then, that way I can always reinstall the older version if required.

Another thing I can't seem to find info on, some of my 'Built in' items are showing a yellow circle with a diagonal bar
on top of the yellow square with the laptop in, what does this mean ?

squircle.jpg

Mousing over the yellow circle with a diagonal bar
on top of the yellow square with the laptop just gives a box with 'built in' in it.

Also, what is the lowest build you would reccommend for using in native 2010 ?

Last edited:
Some build 2.0 locos go in without a hitch , and run well. The big but is they are european, mainly polish. I run shed loads of them. Maybe not to your taste though.
The thing is get them (the lower build assets) in and if there's to many errors delete them.
You've got me on the yellow squrkel thing.
Aha, scroll across they're aurans.

Last edited:
The yellow circle with a line through it indicates one or both of the following:

1.The asset cannot be opened for edit.
2.The asset cannot be recommitted.

Shane

Last edited:
The yellow circle with a slash means the kuid has a restricted privilege assigned to it. You can see what is limited in CM by right clicking the kuid and selecting View Config File. The possibilities are:
privileges
{
permit-commit 0
permit-edit 0
permit-listing 1
}
A 0 restricts and a 1 allows. Permit-commit and Permit-edit relate to actions in Content Manager. Permit-listing relates to action in Surveyor.

Bob Weber

Thanks for the clarification Bob, now I know it's nothing to worry about.

However, I now have a new problem & it's got me totally baffled.

Opening the 'Missing Dependancies' tab gives me 2 items .........
1. ECML Kings Cross - York ... kuid:447264:1019 (built in route)
2. HST Southbound Express .. kuid:447264:1073 (built in session)

R/click on 1 & select 'view dependancies' shows NO missing dependancies.
R/click on 1 & select 'view dependant assets' shows one item which is the above number 2 & states at the bottom "1 missing dependancy"

R/click on 2 & select 'view dependancies' shows one item in the list with a ? in it, the item is 'ECML Kings Cross - York'.

Any help with this would be appreciated as I am completely flummoxed.:(

Back