Trainz Trackside Camera-Why does it look down ?

cascaderailroad

Trainz Trackside Camera-Why does it always pan and look down to the railhead ?

Why does the Trainz Trackside camera look down at the railhead, as if following the very bottom center of a loco fuel tank ?

What is the attachment point that the camera is looking at, and what attachment point is it following ?

Can the Camera rotation point be raised to follow the center of the loco, @ 8' higher than the railhead ?

If it can not be adjusted ... Why can it not be adjusted higher ?

Whenever I railfan I follow the upper portion of the loco ... I rarely am fixated on the rail/flange ... why is Trainz so fixated on the railhead ?

Last edited:
The camera has to 'follow' something. I love tracking cam view (it's the only place I ever watch Trainz from) and I know exactly what you mean, but you have to have the camera way close for it to be an issue, and even then it's only an issue as the train comes right angles with the camera. If the cam followed a higher spot all you would see for those couple of seconds is two long-hood doors: Does it matter? If it does there is a trainzoptions tag that can widen your view which might be worth mucking about with.

-driverfov=xx

Higher values = wider field of view

Last edited:
I appears to follow the BOTTOM center point of the body or half way between a.bog0 and a.bog1 ... Why can't this, or how, can this be changed to follow halfway up the loco body ?

Back