This Sucks

Semantics is a study usually associated with the Litarary community, the Law profession and Political rhetoric.............
And its application to quasi-literate Trainz Nerds is........................?:)

Semantics is a study usually associated with the Litarary community, the Law profession and Political rhetoric.............
And its application to quasi-literate Trainz Nerds is........................?:)

Did you feel like you are sitting in a court room too?

"What kind of video card were you using on the the night of the 11th of... which is the night that you were playing with Trainz TS12?"
"Your version of Trainz is not registered, why!?"
"State your reasons for the court"
"Objection, objection your honor"
"Overruled!"
bang, slam, bang goes the gavel on the gavel block.

I guess the court is ajourned for now. :)

John

Okay I'm using TS12 now and I've found out that I only have 66.5 GB of 288GB free. When before the game was installed had over 90GB free. And when I had TS2009 I had 100GB free. Somethings not right because my game is really slow.

Okay somethings not right. It still skips even after I got rid 70GB of junk. From 66GB free space to 138GB of a total of 288GB. So almost half of my C drive has been cleared. 244GB will be 50% of 288GB. And the game still runs slow especially in surveyor mode. What should I do?

Without me having to read all through this thread have you try swapping between OpenGL and Directx? Have you turned down all of the performance sliders to see if this makes a difference? Are your graphics drivers up to date? Have you turned off Windows Aero? Do you have the same problem with all routes ?

Andy

Windows Aero exists in Vista and 7 and in basic terms is the ability for semi tranparent windows so if you open several windows and overlay one over the other the lower window is visible through the semi transparent upper one. To turn off Aero right click on your desktop and select 'Personalize' then go to 'Windows colour and appearance'. From the color scheme box pick Windows basic scheme and Aero will be disabled. You can always put it back by repeating the above process and clicking 'Windows Aero' from the drop down list in color scheme. Aero looks nice but takes a lot of graphics and processing power

Andy

Be happy for what you have.

This is my computer:
- 2.00GB of RAM (overclocked/maxed)
- Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family Integrated Graphics Card
- Windows Vista Home Premium Edition SP2 (32-bit)
- Intel Pentium D Processor (2.8GHz)

My Trainz warns me that my graphics is too outdated. All updates are applied. My computer is from 2007, and it was never meant for gaming. I can only load about 5 different JR engines at a time.

If your having problems, contact me. I offer lessons on how to build routes efficiently with as little stress on a system as possible. Plus, I can share my tricks for dealing with a slow computer.

Cheers,
Joshua

Sager NP2240 - Custom Built Laptops
http://www.powernotebooks.com/configure.php?special=1259
14" HD(1366x768) LED LCD w/Intl HD Graphics 3000
30 Day "No Dead Pixel" Guarantee
Intel Core i5-2450M(2.5~3.1GHz) w/3M
Sager Thermal Compound
8GB(2x4GB) DDR/1600 Dual Channel
750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive
Combo Dual Layer DVD +/-R/RW CD-R/RW Drive w/Softwares
Integrated 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN + Bluetooth V3.0 Combo Card
Windows 7 Premium - (64 Bit Installed - 64 and 32 bit CD Included)
Microsoft Office 2010 Home & Student Edition - Word/Excel/PowerPoint/OnNote
KingsCrypt Unlimited Data Backup Plus Remote Trace & Delete - Monthly

All for $982.56 after 3% Cash Discount which the standard price $1012.95. $30.39 in savings!! Plus free shipping!!

Do not spend that much on a laptop unless you know it will run trainz.
Get a desktop and base it off a i5 2500k. Price it all up.

That's cheap. It's normally 1500-2000 in cash money. It's a gaming system. Of course it'll run it.

A gaming machine has it's own dedicated graphics card, the hd 3000 as far as I can tell is integrated with the cpu chip. It won't run trainz to any decent level.
Your not going to be moved off a laptop are you, even though there has been hundreds of posts/threads about the things versus not running trainz.
Even now your own laptop is no good and your going for another that you don't know will/will not run trainz. Your going off what the seller says in his advert, the last 2 are no good (yours is one). Start looking from the NP 6165 and 75 and you'll stand a good chance.
E mail the seller with 2012's recommended specs (not minimum) and ask which laptops go over those specs.

Back