This Sucks

TS12 needs 3.4 GHz per second.

Oh well that's why mine is so slow :hehe:.

2.66 GHz on mine. Although the odd thing is, when I run trainz with itunes in the background It runs 3 to 4 times faster than without.
Odd... :eek:

So it's an AMD processor, sounds like an A6- 3670K. This is an APU due to it having both a CPU and GPU built in. It's an ok processor but it's not great for TS12.

Regards

Johan

And the most my Dell computer can take is 3.1 GHz if the Processor is 6000+ 3.1ghz brisbane by AMD Athlon. So I'm screwed. So Dell can go suck my YOU KNOW WHAT....:n:

​Time for a new computer.

The 3.4Ghz requirement applies to a Pentium 4 Processor, which is not multi-core unlike the Brisbane Athlon 64 you claim to have. The Athlon Will be better even at lower clock speeds compared to the Pentium due to the extra core in multi threaded applications.

How would an AMD 965 Deneb black edition running at 3.4Ghz run trainz 2010? How good is it compared to a CPU from Intel? I currently run trainz on a laptop with Intel Pentium Inside T3400 clocked at 2.16Ghz. It is capable running max at 2.17Ghz. I would like to switch to AMD because they are not as expensive as Intel CPU's. I don't think I would say Intel is better than AMD. I'd say AMD is the equivalent of an Intel processor.

That's AMDs little trick, they are cheap. In games they are a perfect match for an Intel CPU. It's in High intensity applications that Intel become better. Aside from the Bulldozer 8150 being beaten by an I5 2500K, CPUs below the I5 at a higher price point won't match the Bulldozer lineup.

As for the Phenom II 965. Being a quad core I would say pretty damn well, I'm not sure about the thread usage of Trainz but even if it is only two cores the rest can go to background tasks. :)

How would an AMD 965 Deneb black edition running at 3.4Ghz run trainz 2010? How good is it compared to a CPU from Intel? I currently run trainz on a laptop with Intel Pentium Inside T3400 clocked at 2.16Ghz. It is capable running max at 2.17Ghz. I would like to switch to AMD because they are not as expensive as Intel CPU's. I don't think I would say Intel is better than AMD. I'd say AMD is the equivalent of an Intel processor.

That sounds like a Phenom II.

The phenom II is an excellent processor for Trainz and it is relatively cheap compared to Intel on most things. I've run Intel on all but one system. That one system had a phenom II and it was an excellent system. Just a shame it couldn't handle the new software I had got at the time.

If you are willing to wait a bit, the Piledriver will be out relatively soon. up to 35% performance increase over the bulldozer :).

I have no preference over AMD or Intel but AMD provides equivelent processor's to intel, just a lot cheaper :).

Regards

Johan

I hear that Intel is better than AMD

One suspects that's more to do with advertising prominence than actual physical capabilities, when was the last time you saw an AMD processor advert on TV?

I've got Intel processors in my current PCs, but I've had AMD ones in the past and I was pretty impressed with them, the high end ones are a generally match for anything Intel brings out.

Al

One suspects that's more to do with advertising prominence than actual physical capabilities, when was the last time you saw an AMD processor advert on TV?

I've got Intel processors in my current PCs, but I've had AMD ones in the past and I was pretty impressed with them, the high end ones are a generally match for anything Intel brings out.

Al

Totally agree with you there Al.

I've never seen an AMD advert on TV, this may be due to their budget being substantially less then Intel's. Having said that, they deliver some cracking processors and have one of the greatest value for money processor's out there. I'm curious to see how their new line of processor's fares although I think they won't disappoint :)

Regards

Johan

Never had an AMD, Athlon upwards that couldn't run anything as well as the same spec Intel chip, where they exist and at a fraction of the cost.

Currently running a 6 core Phenom II which copes admirably with TS12 and anything else I care to throw at it.

I do hope that Piledriver is just an architecture change and not a socket one...Not looking to replace my AM3+ board at the moment. :hehe: Trainz does not seem to need much to run with a reasonable amount of detail at all! 3.8GHz Athlon II X2 does the job fine.

I do hope that Piledriver is just an architecture change and not a socket one...Not looking to replace my AM3+ board at the moment. :hehe: Trainz does not seem to need much to run with a reasonable amount of detail at all! 3.8GHz Athlon II X2 does the job fine.

It's more of an efficiency upgrade. No socket change according to Tom's hardware.

From what I have been reading, the top model ,FX8350 , will be capable of 4ghz with no overclock :)

regards

Johan

Yes this computer needs to go!!!! I started putting a session together and it took me six hours due to all the god damn LAGGING!!!! And it would freeze in the session for two to three minutes at a time when I try to switch from one train to the next!!!! I've lowered the settings, degraded the all the features to poorer quality and I still have lag!!!! The lower the number on the game, the slower it gets and more likely to lag, freeze, and or crash!!!! THIS PIECE OF SHIEETT does need to go!!!! Cannot wait to get back from Basic Training!!!! I'm lucky to barely get this number of FPS to 100. And Direct X is lower quality than JetOpenGL.

100 FPS ?

At 60 FPS the eye can't see any stuttering, I'm lucky to get 45 FPS in TRS2006, and TS10 is most times 1 FPS

You must have some kind of issues with either your route, content, or system. Even on my older system, I get no less than 20 FPS. A lot of the older content can cause this because of the poor texture mapping. Lots of splines too can send a machine into a tailspin because of the way the system handles their rendering and mesh structure.

I have also found that a good defrag (for non-SSD) drives helps a lot. In particular the assets.tdx file can get really fragmented causing wicked lag and stutters. I use contigit.exe from Microsoft's System Internals website to defrag this file if I don't have time to do my whole hard drive.

There are many other things as well, but these are some things that can help.

John

Back