Multiplayer Problems

blackleopard

I played around with a route and made it multiplayer. I uploaded it to the DS site. I have then deleted to originals and redownloaded the versions from the DS. But when I go to play the multiplayer it says "The selected session cannot currently be used for multiplayer. The session, the route, or some dependencies are not built in and are not available on the download station."
What am I doing wrong here because my mate was able to download it from the DS and has no problems playing it.

Please read my most recent post in my thread "URGENT NEWSFLASH" that message very often appears when the route version and the session version are not compatible e.g. One is an older version. It also appears when something is not working properly at the Auran End. If there is only one version of each then it could be the latter. Nearly forgot, did you do an extended database repair? Are all the dependancies on the DLS? I know the message says they are not available but that does not mean they are not actually on there.

Last edited:
What am I doing wrong here because my mate was able to download it from the DS and has no problems playing it.
Have you downloaded any 3rd party content which you also recently deleted? Maybe your friend has this 3rd party stuff still on his PC.

Sorry for opening up this old post but i've been doing some testing on some of the MP layouts for 2012 & for anyone thats got 2010 join with 2012 it's fine but ppl that only have TRS2012 well come across problems as there is alot of built-in content that has came from 2010 thats not in 2012 when ppl build these MP routes can you plz do testing on then to make sure that you are only using 2012 built-in content not 2010 built-in content as i have found out that alot of the 2010 built-in content thats has been put on the DLS has errors in TRS2012 as i'm trying to get MP routes that will work 100% with only TRS2012 as ppl i know only have 2012

I read this twice and I am not sure just what your question is. Are you looking for MP sessions for TS2012 Or TS20110

I'm say that ppl that build or upgrade the routes to become A MP session, to only use content that is build-in for TRS2012 & what is on the DLS.
As when ppl join TRS2010 with TRS2012 to get the old built-in content from TRS2010 & ppl that do not have TRS2010 or less gets these routes thinking build-in content is all going to be there.
But it's not as some TRS2010 build-in content that ppl have uploaded to the DLS when you download it in TRS2012 it will error out.

So what i'm asking is when ppl build or upgrade a route that is going to be a MP session test it on a stand alone copy of TRS2012 & download it all from the DLS & see if it all works with no errors before uploading it to the DLS.

S.P if you going to use both build-in content then state it that you have used content from TRS2010 or less build-in content aswell as TRS2012!!!

OK, now I understand and agree. I have a TS12 installed that I use for MP only. That way I can move my session into it to check it out before uploading to the DLS.

If the assets are on the DLS wheather built in 10 or 12 they will work.
You may have to Delete some and reinstall them to clear the RED !.
When getting that massage you need to go back to Content Manger and make sure that you have ALL the dependences.
Before you leave CM check OPEN FOR EDIT tab,there mabe some that need commiting.
Right click on the session click on view denpendences. It will tell you if there any missing,with errows & broken.
Now click on view in main list,scroll down any on DLS,Download,after that any broken view them in main list and DL what need to be to fix them.

Well sorry but when you download the content that isn't built-in for TRS2012 & this is coming for the DLS!!! they do not download error free.
i've downloaded content on 2 difftent PC's & still had errors now since on my main PC has TRS2010 joined with TRS2012 i have no problams with it but on my 2nd PC i have TRS2012 on it's own for this reason!!! & everytime i get old TRS2010 buit-in content it errors out & i go on to my main PC & cheak if it's built-in or not.
i'm not saying all of them but so far what i have needed has been.

E.g; get a stand alone copy of TRS2012 & download the SAR Backwater Railway (Adelaide to South Beach) & it's session nothing else & you will see you will get 4 content that has errors & all 4 for from TRS2010 built-in.

Last edited:
What you have to understand is Built-Ins are error free by design. That means that the program will ignore errors in built-ins. But if it has errors when you DL it to another build it may have errors because it is not built-in to that one.

Back