How to modify the Jet Archive files?

Mihay

Hi everyone!
Does anyone know what software can modify the Jet Archive files from the world content of TRS 2004??
I know that basically Auran don't recomand this, but as long as a new sevice pack for TRS 2004 will never be released, I guess it's not that bad to do this... isn't it??? :p
I'll take my chance! :)
Thanks a lot!!

IIRC from TRS2004 onwards (please correct me if I'm wrong) you were no longer able to modify the default ja files as they were encrypted.

Previous version did allow you to extract the files stored in them and modify them and then re-create the ja files.

I don't believe that there is any way to modify these files anymore.

Cheers
Wayne

It probably isn't much help to you but in TRS2006 you can access the built-in content (unless the creator has locked it ) through CMP. In TRS2004, as stated above, it is not possible.

So, there's no way to modify these files... ugh?? :confused:
Too bad, cos there's a lot of built-in content that it's not useful for me (for me only, not for others)... and I thought that maybe it could be a chance to reduse the number of buit-in asset for a easier loading of TRS2004....
Oh, well.... :(
Thanks a lot for the help!!!

You can hide all the unwanted content using Trainzobjectz. This does not delete the basic files but does prune the unwanted items from the loco/rollingstock menu. I found it very useful to leave me with only the narrow gauge items I was working with.

It may not work with scenery items but try it and tell us if it is successful.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

Hi all,

in TRS2006 one can disable content in CMP - it is still in the database, though, so this would not speed up anything (although loading TRS2006 is already faster than 2004).

Rgds,
JH

I don't want to start new thread so I'll ask here.

I have some UK built-in signals which I like to use but they appear only on the left side of a track.

Now, I want to change left-hand built-in signal to right-hand custom signal. Is there any way of doing that?

Kris

Back