UMR-TS12-Summer multiplayer session Problems

Lewiscc65

Ok fellow Trainz users here is the solution to the problems of getting on to the UMR-TS12-Summer route kuid2:95512:100024:? And the multiplayer session kuid:269116:100086:?. (The ? are because the route and sessions are updated quite a bit to keep the game running well.) There is a team of users where one of us probably had your problem. All you need to do is sign on to Team speak, using the link below, and go to the “UMR Technical Support” channel and someone will help you one on one.
http://madmikesradio.net/Trainz/UMR_Home.html
Voice Communactions with TeamSpeak3. Connect at 66.45.231.18

Hope to see you on the session soon.

Please be aware that the UMR TS12 Multiplayer session is currently being updated. The latest route is now downloadable on the content manager, however there is still work on the actual session; this process may take a day or so. Thank you for your patience and see you online soon.

comtrain_20120310_0000.jpg

TRS 12
I uploaded about 400meg of UMR T12 Summertime A lot of the engines show red warnings which means they will not load, I suspect, or at least I expected problems.
The picture shows my problem
In routes I find one MP game up and running 20 players invited, and 5 already playing.
The drop down box informs me that unlike the 5 players already in the map, My application is refused due to Content unavailable on the DLS... I just don't get that :(

Cheers
Rod

Last edited:
Make sure you are on build 49922 and have downloaded all updates.

Make sure these are your session and route kuids:
Route - <kuid2:95512:100024:9>
Session - UMR-TS12-SUMMER MultiPlayer Session Ver 2.1,<kuid2:69116:100086:2>

Let us know if you still have problems after that.

I have that same exact problem as well and I think I know why.

Rod, do you have the new Marias Pass Route X installed?

If so, then that might be the reason because the session uses updated products, drivers, and a locomotive that came with the Marias Pass route that aren't available on the DLS. The situation will be the same if you bought payware or downloaded freeware off a 3rd party website other than the DLS that may be used on the UMR route and/or session.

Otherwise, try to fix the faulty locomotives and see if that does any good.

I have that same exact problem as well and I think I know why.

Rod, do you have the new Marias Pass Route X installed?

If so, then that might be the reason because the session uses updated products, drivers, and a locomotive that came with the Marias Pass route that aren't available on the DLS. The situation will be the same if you bought payware or downloaded freeware off a 3rd party website other than the DLS that may be used on the UMR route and/or session.

Otherwise, try to fix the faulty locomotives and see if that does any good.

Thanks Ryan
I don't have Marias Pass, and I believe you cannot fix anything because MP reverts content back to match the DLS content :(
and Oknotsen, thank you for your reply too
So far I have found..
UMR-TS12-SUMMER
KUID:95512:100024:9
and my upgrades are automatic, thus recorded at 49922 :)
I am checking out the Session at the moment.
I guess you will know if I get on next time I try
Cheers
Rod :)

EDIT

kuid <kuid2:69116:100086:2>
username "UMR-TS12-SUMMER MultiPlayer Session Ver 2.1"

The problem seems to be that the session has missing content. When I click on it and Download, it cannot find the content. The DLS refuses to start.
Content Manager Dependencies shows at least 5 items with missing content Downloading these items clears the question mark.
Now to see if I can log on this time ;)

Last edited:
I am now at Mad Mikes Radio

Cannot see where team Speak fits in here.
I will download Team Speak as my version does not seem to be loaded anymore (from Trainz 10MP days)

By the way I can open up several other MP maps, so the problem is clearly focused on UMR T12 :)
Cheers
Rod
ps busted my internet quota :( Have to wait till midnight for renewal)

I'm having the same problem trying to get into this multiplayer session. CM shows 6 missing dependencies. Several of the missing dependencies are highlighted in red and state "Content requires painshed to be installed before downloading". I have found and installed a version of PainShed (which I understand is no longer compatible or needed with TS12?), however, these dependencies still won't install.

UPDATE
I've managed to fix the dependencies and both:

UMR-TS12-SUMMER-BASE SESSION,<kuid2:95512:100026:12>
UMR-TS12-SUMMER MultiPlayer Session Ver 2.1,<kuid2:69116:100086:2>

show as fully updates with no errors or missing dependencies.

However, I am still getting the same error message as comtrain's screenshot above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm anxious to try out a MP session.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
All of the dependancies are available on the DLS and I dont know why you are getting the paintshed message. Also nothing should need fixing. You could consider reinstalling TS12 but that would have to be your decision based on what you would lose. Other than that Have you done an extended database repair? I have just realised where you are going wrong. I am slow on the uptake tonight, lol. The route is incorrect. You need the latest route by neilsmith called UMR TS12 SUMMER which ends in a 9. Your best bet is to set your search to UMR SUMMER. filters to" location" next one to "local". Dlete everything and start again. But this time download the session only. The route will install automatically. Try to join the session. if unsuccessful do an extended database repair. Any problems you can always speak to us via our teamspeak Channel. there is usually someone you can talk to.

Thank you for your help. I ran CM and deleted all local content starting with UMR-TS12-SUMMER. I then re-installed only the 2.1 multiplayer session, which, as you said, installed the route along with it. Unfortunately the error remained the same. I then ran an extended database repair which resulted in 0 errors and 0 warnings, however, this seems to have resolved the problem and I am now able to join the session. Now I just have to figure out what to do next. :)

Thank you again for your patience and help!

Mike

I have a major problems with yards that look like hay fields. The grass kills my frame rates and my computer is no slouch.

Hello All
Well I finally got into game, but landed in a massive yard and struggled to get out of it with frame rates of only 2 or 3. I had to leave and come back, into a country scene where the frame rates jumped to an amazing 17 but still fell in places to 5 or 6.
Now I play the built in included routes in TS12 MP routes, and get frame rates of 30 to 60. So what type computers are you people using. I guess frame rates are not a problem above 25. Is anybody getting that in those massive yards?

I have a core 2 Duo Quad4 at 2.4 M. with 8 gig ram and a 7700 ATI Saphire with 2 gig ram
Cheers
Rod

I have a 3.0 quad processor, 8 gig of ram and an ATI 6870 2 gig video card and since the grass was removed, I get a wooping 11 fps up from 4 or 5. When I run other routes, I get up in the 30s and 40s. Back in the beta days in 2010 on the PO&N I for 30 to 40 and it was a pretty good sized route. The loading time on the UMR is a killer also.

Question. Are hoppers supposed to load I-beams, general goods, coil, or diesel fuel?

And removing the grass splines did not help. My guess is it's the consist data - it's a lot for the game to keep track of, especially with the Clone Sidings in Gladston.

Are you talking about gondolas? We haul I beams, steel rods, pipe, coils, slabs, scrap steel, dirt and other things in gondola, but not diesel fuel. It's hard to find them, especially on the DLS, that will load the right products.

Last edited:
I agree there is some frame rate drops in yards. In the yards I can average 20 to 30 with draw distance 3000 at 5000 distance 15 to 20 rates. Out of the yard my frame rates shoot up to 40 to 60 range. And thats with a powerful machine icore760 quad core 2.8ghz with a GTS nvidia 450 8gigs of ram.

Back