With Great Sorrow; aardvark1 , Ron Gutowski, has left us.

A very sad day hearing of this terrible news. I don't post often in the forums but have been here for a very long time and your dad will be sorely missed by many people that he touched here. I will keep good thoughts for you and your family in this time of sorrow. I hope to see you become a member of this forum soon and keep the family tradition going.

Just read this. I am incredibly saddened by this.

If I could, and I know its a bit late, but better than never, I must say a few words about Ron.

Ron was perhaps one of the most influential forumers to me. I suppose one may find it hard to believe that someone a person never meets, can have such an impact on that person. I never met Ron, I never spoke with him over a phone. Never even exchanged e-mails. However I joined this forum early in my teenage years, I had no internet socialization skills. Ron had this beautiful way of setting someone straight. Firmly, but gently. Ron, like a few select others, through guidance and even some nit-picking, taught me how to act with other people on the internet. He taught me that all these avatars are not just pictures, but people.
I'll be honest, Ron didn't always have the most pleasant way of correcting, but he was always honest. It was thanks to Ron that I ultimately learned how to act here, I went from a silly immature kid posting God only knows what on this forum, to someone who posts seldom and thinks about what I post. It saddens me that Ron is no longer with us, many could take lessons from him! :p
Ron was polite, but not excess. He didn't spam every thread with congrats on a job well done to someone who created a two baseboard route with two trees. He was seldom, and well mannered when posting. Perhaps that is what he was trying to teach me. I am honored to know he tried. There was a time when I did not like Ron, I suppose no one likes people that bring you the truth concerning you. Ron did that.
If I posted a pointless thread, he made sure I knew. Overtime, I began to come around. Thanks to his so called "awful" comments. :hehe:

Ron, you're an inspiration to me. Thanks for all you did for this community, and for us younger ones. Your little Trainz Forum legacy will always live.

God Bless the Gutowski family.

Here's to Ron,
Woody

[h=2][/h]

I miss you a lot Ron, it was almost better not knowing. I feel agitated and irritable as if somehow the forums are less comfortable.
And while I'm being irritable, would it be asking too much for someone associated with N3V or Auran to comment? The guy had 2,386 posts, and had bought 6 versions of Trainz, it's not like you can overlook that!

Whatever... I'm just upset, so don't pay attention to me right now.

Woody
A very touching post. I didn't always agree with him, but he was always honest with himself, and us. He was a great trainzer and forum member and I highly respected him. He will be missed here.

Mike

I have to agree Ed. It's amazing that someone like Ron, who contributed so much to the forums could be completely ignored by N3V. I like to think of the members here as my trainz family and it's sad that we have lost a family member. The head of the family should at least acknowledge the loss. Thanks for bringing us the news Ed.

Mike

I agree with Woody's post,the last time I communicated with Ron was later of last year,in a thread to let everyone know how sorry and inmature I was,he helped me change not just as a member here but as a person,and since I'm a little short for words,I just want to say thanks and you will be missed dearly!

Ron was always an enthusiastic contributor to the Forum. His posts were always well worth reading.
aardvark1 was one of those names whose contribution was compulsive reading for all the best reasons.

Condolonces to family, friends and colleagues.

Casper

p.s. The are a few nice words in the latest Trainz newsletter under “Community News”. I saw this earlier today:http://www.auran.com/newsletter/trainz/2012/TrainzNewsletter_February24.html

Last edited:
I just became aware Ron had passed away when reading AURAN/N3V's newsletter. He will be sadly missed by many, including me. It is moments like this when one becomes aware, one's life does not go on indefinite/infinite. Rest in Peace.

My deepest condolences to you, Chris, and your family.

Herbert

Sad to read this in the newsletter (but thanks N3V for including the note).

aardvark1 was one of the better, more level-headed contributors to this community; it (and we) will miss his dedication to our hobby.

Sincere condolenses to his family and friends

RIP Ron, hope the tracks up there stay clear.

Although I'm not here often and have missed posts, I remember friendly convos in the old chat room.

Youre missed, Ron

Boco

Well, this is a bit of a shocker. I never really knew him personally, but I always viewed him as a part of the forums. He will be missed, and his family will be in my prayers.

My families sincere condolences to Ron's family and friends. The world shall be a less brighter place without him.

God speed Ron,

Trent and family

Can I make a request (I know I'm not the OP of this thread) that this thread is stickied, like the one created in memory of Billegulla please.

I feel that memorial threads should not get lost in amongst the many other threads that crop up here.

I know there is a link to it in the Newsletter, but this link is only available to users who actually have read that particular edition.

Shane

Back