With Great Sorrow; aardvark1 , Ron Gutowski, has left us.

I will miss him, Ron was alway there to talk to, I feel gutted and empty, he was a man all the family can be proud of, a true gent.
I will say a prayer for the family, but only time will heal the grief.

This news has really knocked me for six,

Ron was a superb guy, he was always on hand to help me and others, his wit was as brilliant as Euphods, he was a legend in my eyes, and even though I only knew him through this forum, he was still a best friend to me, some of the posts and comments he would make always got the forum going, but it was all light hearted, he will be very much missed here, and the forum will be missing one extra special helper.

To Rons family, my thoughts, prayers and happy memories are with you at this very, very sad time, Ron was one of the best and most respected people to ever grace this forum, I am so proud and extremely lucky to have had a ton of conversations with Ron over the years, Aardvark1 will always be remembered here, and never forgotten.

Good night, god bless my freind, and thank you for all your help in the past, you will be missed very much.

Joe Airtime

Last edited:
What a sad day for me !
I have been trying to find news of Ron's health since early January . I was
certain something terrible must have happened to Ron due to his sudden
absence from the Forum , but this thread still takes me by surprise !
He had emailed me a year or so ago , asking if we could communicate , as he
thought we had many things in common and would like talking and sharing
thoughts with one another . Although I never had the pleasure of meeting
Ron , we considered ourselves as good friends .

Ron , I and the community will miss you , thanks for your friendship !
Condolences to Ron's family .

I am very saddened , --- ,dave

I just got out of hospital today and was sad to learn about the sad news.
Please accept my condolences and pass my wishes to all the family and friends.

Although I never really knew ron I am deeply sorry for your lost. I hope you do carry on the trainz fun in your family and good luck to you.

So sad to hear of the loss of one of trainz community's great personalities. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes over the loss. Best wishes go to Ron's family in this time of sorrow. :(

Best regards.
CaptEngland

In an E Mail I received today Ron's son, Chris replies to our thread with thanks, appreciation, and ... hope:

"Edward,Thank you for the kind words in your email and posting this in the forum. I am still overwhelmed by your words below and by everyone's responses after reading the forum post. I'm glad to think that I was not the only person to view him as a great man. He always put family first before everything and I plan on filling his shoes to the best of my ability. Tough times are still in front of the family, but we will pull through.

Please thank everyone in the forum for me. As I mentioned, one day soon you might see AARDVARK2 joining the forum. He would never give me an answer the numerous times I asked him on why the hell he used aardvark as his user names other than it's the first word in the dictionary.

Sincerely,
Chris Gutowski"

I thought you all would like to know.

Hello,

I can only hope that this message may be passed on the Ron's family. He made this forum, myself, and countless other members, better, just by his presence. No words can ever describe the sadness felt by those who've spent years here with him. Ron was the model person in every way. Always quick to find a solution to ever problem we ever had. Chris, I hope you and your family can be comforted by the hundreds upon thousands of people that knew your father, that have been influenced tremendously by him. Those same people who are better people because of him. He will live on not only in our memories, but in Trainz community for as long as we shall all exist.

To Ron, you have the Green light, and a Clear track. Ride on my friend.

An extra honk from Truck 7 for him tonight.

Rest in Peace Ron, you will never be forgotten.

Take care,

Ryam

Last edited:
... I am probably still in shock, Ron was a great man. I often enjoyed him as a member of these forums. He was one of the only people here who actually stood up for me to help me explain my mistakes. Or to offer advice to me, as would I to him.

Great lossby the Trainz community.

My condolences to his family.

Sincerely,
Joshua

Really sorry to hear this. My thoughts and condolencies to Ron's family at this very sad time.

Paul

It is very saddening to hear of his demise - I got on well with him, and he always stood his ground when he needed to (especially in the battle against users with unregistered versions). He also gave very good advice, and quite often participated in the Happy Birthday threads. (My one last year was started by him). He will be missed by probably not just me, but all community members who had the pleasure of his replies.

Condolences go to those who he left behind.

Shane

Back