SantaFebuff's Tinkering Topic [Large Image Warn]

SantaFebuff

That's So Trainz Forum
Since I cannot find my old topic, I will start this new one. If it is found, then this will just be a new version of it... and the old one will be not used.

Concerning the reskin requests, I have recorded all the requests. So don't worry, it's just a matter of will and time. I am no longer taking in requests though.

Additionaly, NRC does not work for me. (an issue I'm trying to work out with bnsf50) Therefore, I have found other ways to make realistic railroad crossings. I wanted an old crossing, but couldn't use NRC. So I modified this YARN (Maddy25) crossing. I am going to replace the generic bell sound with a WRRS (Western Railroad Supply Co.) generation one mechanical bell sound.

trainzscreenie.jpg

Thanks for reading, I'm off to the world of TRS2006 and rest. (I'm sick, hence why I got some things done)

Things I still have to do on that crossing:
- Match the signal base plate.
- Fix bell sound.
- New corona? (thinking about it)

Cheers,
Joshua

JR Searchlight Tests

Night Shots (w/coronas in rendering range):

trainz2012-02-2021-57-49-30.png

trainz2012-02-2021-57-46-10.png

Day shot comparisons. 1st is mine, 2nd is original from JR.

trainz2012-02-2021-49-15-36.png

trainz2012-02-2021-49-10-14.png

Problems to fix:
- Corona is too large.
- Core is white, needs to be colorized.
- Corona must be dulled down, fore it takes away the incandescent feel of the light achieved by altering the lenses to begin with.

Cheers,
Joshua

Screen_062.jpg

I think it came out okay. I'm not certain it's realistic, but it's for a custom railroad museum thing I'm making.

Cheers,
Joshua

Back