Adding Extra locos etc to trainz mac

flymonster

Hi, i'm new to trainz.
i just brought trainz 2012 for mac from apple mac store, but i am unsure how to add 'add-ons' or other locos, does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks

Just download a cmp and click on it, or open content manager, click file, and them import cdp.

this is how it's done in windows though

You should be able to use the Content Manager to download content from the DLS. It should install automagically. Search the DLS through the content manager, and when you see something you want, just select it and then download, or drag it to the download helper window.

Check to see if your content favorties star is toggled on, if so, toggle it off. Otherwise, use CM to check the content for faults or missing dependencies.

yeh, i went to railyard and clicked on them and nothing show, the items are from multiple sites
EDIT: sorry to be annoying, THANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP

Last edited:
With a little work, you can get them usable. When you start out, the DLS is your best option. Welcome to Trainz!

Right, here's what to do.
1. On the launch screen, click 'Manage Content'.
2 .Then, at the top in the bar where it says 'Installed', click on that, and select 'Custom...'
3. Click where it says 'Asset KUID' and select 'Missing Dependancies' from the dropdown menu.
4. From the box where it says 'False', select 'True'.
5. Click 'Search'.
This is now showing all the content that is missing dependancies- ie, it doesn't have all the parts it needs in order to work.)

If you right-click on one of the locos with the words 'Missing dependancies' next to them, and click 'View Dependancies' from the menu that comes up, you'll be shown a list of the dependancies for that piece of content. Most should say 'Installed' next to them. Some will probably be in grey and say 'Available for Download', in which case, right-click on them and hit 'Download.'

If, however, some are showing up as 'faulty' or all the dependancies are showing as being installed, go back to the screen where you have the list of content which is missing dependancies (ie the screen that came up at step 5). Right click on the loco again and this time select 'view errors and warnings'. It'll probably then say 'KUID:0:0000:0000:0 is unknown', but those 0000s will be replaced with the KUID number of the dependancy in question. In that case, come back to the forum with the number of the KUID that's missing and post it in a new post in General Trainz and someone will tell you what the missing KUID is and how to find it.

Hope that helps,

Regards,
Alessio

When I try to download a file from the manage content link in the launcher, it doesn't download at all. It says its completed, but the file isn't in the installed folder.

When I try to download a file from the manage content link in the launcher, it doesn't download at all. It says its completed, but the file isn't in the installed folder.
Im having this problem too, it jumps to complete with a blue bar and all, but its nonexistent.

Back