Warning! My Yahoo! has been Hacked!

SantaFebuff

That's So Trainz Forum
So, everyone and anyone:

DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS SENT BY ME
(jbwinterstorm@yahoo.com)

Yahoo! notified me that my account was in danger. So I changed my password... apparently, that was too late. As my dad was reading his messages, he told me he received a message from me and asked what it was BEFORE he clicked on it. Sure enough, not mine. Worst part:
It sent it to everyone.
Everyone from Joram24, to teachers of my old school district, to friends, to Do-Not-Reply addresses. Just as a note, please look for these things whenever you recieve an e-mail from me:
Does it have a title. (I always title my e-mails)
  1. Does it have a link? (I always explain what the links are)
  2. Does it have attachments? (I always explain what's attached)
  3. Did I have a reason for sending an e-mail. (I only send e-mail for reasons, not to forward things "cool")

So, I'm sorry that this happened. Also, remove me from your contacts. I've already sent my account to Yahoo! for termination and deletion. I don't feel like messing about with trying to recover it. I'm going to try to open up a new Yahoo! in the mean time, and to change passwords. I know I used that password on a few other accounts...
:eek:

Thanks for reading,
Joshua

This is very sad to hear, that such things still happen. I nearly got fired when my hotmail account got hacked and it sent a virus to my boss...

Try a strong password, with booth case sensitive and numbers

It's hard to defend against spoofing attacks. A few weeks ago I received an E Mail from someone I know from Trainz, and opened it. It was, of course a spoof, but since I opened it, it was able to spoof my E Mail account and has sent the same crap to everyone in my address book. Luckily those contacts were so old, I received about two dozen "Unable to contact sender" alerts, and hopefully that's the end of it. Of course I did system scans and used malware and malicious file removers, but to no avail.

Usually most of it is just dealing with the account. Unless the site you opened up to infected the machine. I'm a little disappointed because that Yahoo! was really nice. Looks like GMail is now my friend. (after changing the password)

Cheers,
Joshua

I know how you feel. My father/mine got hacked a few months ago. Yahoo was able to alow us to change our password. During the chaos, I created a new email just for the time being, now its my personal address.

My wife's Hotmail account has been hacked/cracked twice over the past year. My advice to everyone with an email account: change your password regularly. Use upper & lowercase, numbers and special characters (^%$#@ etc).

Darrel

My Email was hacked recently also. Someone got my Email and password from a trainz site that was recently hacked and they loged in to my account. Luckily my Email service noticed that the IP address wasn't correct, Notified me and blocked them from doing anything until i could change my password.

And just HOW exactly do these sad cretins get anything out of doing this to innocent people? :sleep:
What is the point?

And just HOW exactly do these sad cretins get anything out of doing this to innocent people? :sleep:
What is the point?

In my wife's case, the bad guys simply used her address book to send emails with a link regarding a pharmaceutical...appearing that my wife had sent it.

Darrel

Back