Advice please

Robert65d

I have TRS 9 (different user name) 10 and 12. Over the years I have obtained many assets (too many). As TRS12 is the better version(?) and there are plenty of good routes and assets available - I'm wondering - should I clean Trainz out and reinstall just TRS12 and TRS12 compatible assets to obtain a more efficient Trainz simulator.
Thanks in advance
Bob

Personal choice. As you know they will exist quite happily together. Certainly if you choose to do so you should transfer beloved content over to 12, make your repairs, and save that content for re-use after the re-install.

I have TS2010 and TS2012.

I really don't use TS2010 at all now. My TS2012 is a clean install with only 3.5 or above content (route and session wise).

That seems a good way to go.

Lately I have been loading some of my old favourite routes from 2004 & 2006.
In most cases they loaded with little repairing.
The result was worth while as the 2012 graphics made them so much better.
I run a 36" HD TV as my monitor so the results are stunning.
cheers,
Mike

I have to agree with my friend Mikeaust and a few others here. I have brought content from 2004 with little pain. Others just didn't want to play right. In the end yes it's worth it to bring assets forward.

Being a UK Steam Freak, I couldn't live with just TS12. I have to include the S&C add-on at the very least but I've included TS10 for the additional routes. If content is made well in the first place it usually runs well in later versions (with the exceptions where N3V have changed the guidelines)

Thanks

Thanks everybody for your advice.
I'm going to go for a clean install and drag in only the content I require.
Thanks again.
Bob

Back