The Gaurc Sites are now shut down

caddylars

Alphadog
Due to massive Hackerattack, we decided to shut down all the sites.
All content and the forum is being deleted at this moment.
Due to the lack of visitors and interest, we haven't decided if the forum will return or not.

The blog will be rebuildt, but for other purposes than Trainz.

We did manage to save all of Fishlips Terrainz files, they will somehow be hosted once again for those who wants them.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lars
Gaurc Admin

Last edited:
Hi Lars:

It did seem to me that the forums were carrying malware in the recent past. I wouldn't doubt if the virus/trojan infection I had recently came from there. Shame to see that some low-lives have made you shut the site down. :(

Regards,

Zachary.

Looks Like I have to change my signature now and new post.
Thought you said it was fixed. Why are they hacking you?

Wow that's a real bummer Lar's, You only just started back into it again now this. I hope you sort sumthing out mate.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

That's very unfortunate Lars, I hope you can rescue your work, is Rick still around, or, has he left the Trainz scene now ??

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

I don't fully understand the meaning of the term: Hacking ? ? ?

Enemies try to hack into popular places like Google, Yahoo, ... etc ... the Pentagon every day, and try to infect, or place malware where zillions of people visit those popular sites each and every day ... why would anyone waste their time on a little known site like Gaurc, where they could only hack/attack/inject/infect/neglect/detect/reject only a few hundered visitors a week ?

It just don't add up to a big shindig heist ... it's sorta' like: robbing a Goodwill Store ... pointless, and not worth the effort involved.

why would anyone waste their time on a little known site like Gaurc, where they could only hack/attack/inject/infect/neglect/detect/reject only a few hundered visitors a week ?
Practice for the big works or simply because it was easy.

Example 1: You start with robbing your local fruitmarket before going for the national bank.
Example 2: You dont build a route like the UMR or MRL on your first day in the office, you start with a small crappy route to test your skill before doing the big work.
Im sure I can think of more crappy examples, but I think you get the point.

You would be surpriced what an amount of silly things people can and will do when they are bored (or if there is a girl or some silly bet involved).
I guess the OP just got the target of any or a combination of these things.

This is why I prefer animals instead of people, and enjoy pet sitting for 9 Dawgs & 3 Katz ... they are just downright amusing :hehe: ... not malicious !

Although the one dog left some unexpected malware at the bottom of the steps (an I skwooshed in it) :eek:, and she totaly hijacked and trojanized my bedroom slipper !

Last edited:
Practice for the big works or simply because it was easy.

Example 1: You start with robbing your local fruitmarket before going for the national bank.
Example 2: You dont build a route like the UMR or MRL on your first day in the office, you start with a small crappy route to test your skill before doing the big work.
Im sure I can think of more crappy examples, but I think you get the point.

You would be surpriced what an amount of silly things people can and will do when they are bored (or if there is a girl or some silly bet involved).
I guess the OP just got the target of any or a combination of these things.

Example 3: It's their hobby, there are jack***es that do this stuff as a hobby kind of like how we like to build model trains they like to hack websites. Delete them, plant/make viruses, steal information, ETC and see what happens.

I don't fully understand the meaning of the term: Hacking ? ? ?

Enemies try to hack into popular places like Google, Yahoo, ... etc ... the Pentagon every day, and try to infect, or place malware where zillions of people visit those popular sites each and every day ... why would anyone waste their time on a little known site like Gaurc, where they could only hack/attack/inject/infect/neglect/detect/reject only a few hundered visitors a week ?

It just don't add up to a big shindig heist ... it's sorta' like: robbing a Goodwill Store ... pointless, and not worth the effort involved.

The site was hijacked in a manner whereas a file was placed therefore distributing a vicious malware program.
This is all the information I am willing to provide.
I believe LARS has decide to end his quest in Trainz, maybe not permanently but for an extended timeframe.

Thank you, Lars for letting us know.

It's too bad that a great resource such as GAURC would be hit by something like this.

John

Back