How do you get the AWS to work properly with green aspect signals?

fen_tiger

Building the Wisbech line
I'm building my route that uses the AWS system with the colour aspect signals. I'm placing the AWS ramp before the signal so if the signal is set at green, the AWS bell will sound, but if the signal is at danger or at red the loco automatically stops. But when the AWS bell sounds on a green signal, the AWS sunflower goes black and I can't get it to reset back to the AWS 'on' (sunflower displaying) again. which keyboard button do i press, or how do i set up the AWS ramps with the signals so as to prevent the sunflower going black after passing a green signal?

I'm building my route that uses the AWS system with the colour aspect signals. I'm placing the AWS ramp before the signal so if the signal is set at green, the AWS bell will sound, but if the signal is at danger or at red the loco automatically stops. But when the AWS bell sounds on a green signal, the AWS sunflower goes black and I can't get it to reset back to the AWS 'on' (sunflower displaying) again. which keyboard button do i press, or how do i set up the AWS ramps with the signals so as to prevent the sunflower going black after passing a green signal?

That's not how AWS works...

When the sunflower is black, it means 'things are ok, the last signal you passed was green'.

When you pass a yellow or double-yellow, the sunflower changes aspect to show yellow/black as a visual reminder that you are under a 'caution' aspect whenever you see the sunflower...

When you then pass a green again, the 'caution' aspect has been lifted, so the sunflower returns to black, or if you pass another yellow or double-yellow then the caution aspect remains.

Back