Monday Feb 13, 2012 -- is the FCT downloading for everyone?

mikemike

The regular download, without FCT, is always full-server. I don't want to buy an FCT if the server itself is wrong ( not working ).

Thanks.

I dont have a FCT and the DLS is working fine.
Sure, its 5kb/sec and a 100mb/day limit but that something you have to live with if you dont pay for full bandwidth.

Don't buy FCT, use the download sites instead, much easier and faster :)

yes, but i think quickdrive manager 3 must be more complete on trainz DLS, because everything i'm DL'ing from pguy's site is showing missing dependencies. And, some content creators only have DLS links anymore -- Like, i think, Ian's...

i'm not getting any DL's from the site for the last several days. have you used it today? because, i'm only getting 'server full'

You're right about all those missing dependencies, for that you could use Download Station. But you can also google them.

Download station isn't working for me either, but I don't have a first class ticket as well.

Thanks, yah, i did google them and found pguy's site, but sometimes maybe people don't update their sites, or maybe i'm under-installed on some things.

I did try disconnecting my firewall and anti-virus, by the way -- i noticed that when i dis-enabled my local network, the 'server-full' came on immediately, but when i connect it, enable it, the CM sits and meditates for a while and then tells me what's what.

Just going to state the obvious:
You dont need a FCT for the DLS to work. You do however need to have the game registered.

gosh, and this is the first time i've ever posted on the forum too... : ) == i'm registered up from the very start of trainz, for every edition except TC3.

It's a badly chosen generic message generated by the Trainz software that comes up when content manager can't connect for whatever reason, very rarely is the server actually full.

Helps if you are running Vista or Win7 to run Trainz as administrator, just in case that isn't helping.

Have a look in the DLS FCT forum there are probably hundreds of posts explaining what to do when getting server full messages and such like. Sometimes just clearing the settings/cache/internet folder can clear it. Or if none of the suggestions work try a helpdesk ticket.

I don't think the "Register" comment was made at you but at another poster in the thread.

It's a badly chosen generic message generated by the Trainz software that comes up when content manager can't connect for whatever reason, very rarely is the server actually full.

Helps if you are running Vista or Win7 to run Trainz as administrator, just in case that isn't helping.

Have a look in the DLS FCT forum there are probably hundreds of posts explaining what to do when getting server full messages and such like. Sometimes just clearing the settings/cache/internet folder can clear it. Or if none of the suggestions work try a helpdesk ticket.

I don't think the "Register" comment was made at you but at another poster in the thread.

It was for me! Very funny... soon I'll have to register my clothes too. I hope :D

No seriously, just kidding... Let's help this guy/girl to get his/her download station working instead.

Last edited:
thanks for asking -- i've used the DLS probably a hundred times over the years, and there have been many times when the server was simply down, and for some reason it's not linking now for me again. empirically, when i disconnect -- cut off -- my internet access -- stopping the internet -- the message 'server full' comes on immediately. when, i re-connect to the internet, the message takes maybe twenty or thirty seconds before it comes on. that leads me to think that i am actually out in the net looking for the server, that i have connection. radically -- more than just allowing the app to access the net -- i've tried with my firewall and AV off, and i can't think of anything else the CM needs to connect. i'm connecting to everything else today, as i have everyday for several years... sometimes even to the trainz dLs.

Still can't download, either through CM or direct FTP -- 'server appears to be full', and I activated a first-class ticket yesterday afternoon and it caused CM to immediately post 'server full'. Before the first-class, it'd taken a few moments to show. Either I'm hooked into the first-class speed-stream, or I'm rejected because my FCT isn't registering with the upper-class yet? Being a parvenu is a lonely business...

I'll wait till this afternoon ( 24 Hours ) to see if they've invited me to the party.

Hi mikemike,

If it still has not activated fully, (and made sure you have activated it via the Download Tickets page on the Planet Auran system), try the following:

1.Change your password in your Planet Auran profile - Trainz must be closed when doing this.
2.Clearing out the list in the Download Helper panel in Content Manager.

Shane

Thanks, Totally done that, several times... I googled the problem... and, in fact I un-installed and re-installed the entire app last night, just to see. Also scoured my net settings and modem settings, running the app with windows firewall off and avastAV off too.

What's un-happy-making is that the FTP direct download just gives me a '503 bad login' response, even when I enter the correct password and name, checking for white-spaces and all.

Back