Generators?

JohnnyC1

Pioneer Valley RR
Has anyone created a generator, the ones used for emergency/standby power or the ones used at mine or construction sites? I am not talking about the lighting & small power generators that are currently avilable.
These would look great at mines or oil fields, they got to get their juice from someplace, you cant always tap into the local power grid! And while you are creating the static scenery asset, make a product that can be rail transported or a railcar with a generator mounted in a container. Here's some pictures to get the creative juices flowing:

Thanks,
John

Generators.jpg

I didn't know that there are huge generators with V-16 diesel engines. I thought that it goes inside a locomotive.

Most hospitals, malls, airports, and train/bus terminals have emergency standby electrical generators that auto-start when there is an electrical power failure. The enclosed power plants above are of this type. The big boy on the lower left would be used at a mine or large construction site. The container and trailer are used in temporary situations as they are portable.

John

Since most of them are not much more than simple boxes, I'm sure any number of creators will jump in. If you wanted realistic photo textures instead of awful simplistic flat colour textures, what's needed are pics showing all sides. And some idea of the dimensions.

In defense of the generators: Most are nothing more then boxes. :) In a rare occasion you see a exhaustion pipe like the on in the middle on the image of the OP.

:cool: Yes, the V16-3516 Cat is a genset. It would make a dandy load for a flat car! In fact, as a product I would load two on a flatcar. Make sure to add some sort of securing device to the engine stand.

They are also shipped by flatbed trailer.

And they would look good as a static scenery object.

If someone will do the creating, I'll do the research. The one set that is known is the one in the upper right corner, it's a standard ISO 20ft Shipping Container, modified as a portable generator.

John

Back